Spirecraft Penetrator
1 (1.7%)
Spirecraft Scout
6 (10.3%)
Tackle Drone Launchers
10 (17.2%)
Zenith Paralyzers
0 (0%)
None of these need a nerf! (don't use your other votes, will count by head instead of vote)
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Aim the Nerfbat of Damocles: Player-side (II)  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Re: Poll: Aim the Nerfbat of Damocles: Player-side (II)
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 06:25:44 pm »
MarkI Radar Jammer is useless and MarkII is too expensive.
Yes to MArk I...but the MArk II too expensive???  I don't even know what to say to that.  I don't even consider the cost noteworthy.  5 million of each is trivial really.  I don't really consider a Super Fortress too bad, and that's 18 million each.  My last game I got an Ion IV to 95% before I won, and that costs 43 million of each.

:o  What the heck does your economy look like?!  Dear lord wow.

On my current game I have two superfortresses, a Radar Jammer II and a Planetary Armor Booster, plus I-III HBCs on my defensive line. The cost is substantial, but doable with Mk. II-III economic stuff on a good number of planets.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:52 am »
It looks like Gravity emitting units (all of them) may win (or rather, get second)

As this option made a good showing on the AI too, does that mean that if it does win, all uses of gravity (AI AND Player) will be impacted?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »
It looks like Gravity emitting units (all of them) may win (or rather, get second)

As this option made a good showing on the AI too, does that mean that if it does win, all uses of gravity (AI AND Player) will be impacted?

For whatever reason, this invoked a mental image of Keith chasing AI and players around with a really big Nerfbat (of Damocles). Disturbing, yet humorous.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline relmz32

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »

For whatever reason, this invoked a mental image of Keith chasing AI and players around with a really big Nerfbat (of Damocles). Disturbing, yet humorous.

except everyone is moving at 1/100 th normal speed.
A programmer had a problem. She thought to herself, "I know, I'll solve it with threads!". has Now problems. two she.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »

Keith isn't immune to gravity?

Offline Winge

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 04:00:24 pm »

If he was, he would have floated off somehow, and wouldn't be able to answer our posts.  Unless the AI found his account, and is really acting as a spy...*looks for evidence of humanity or robotity from Keith*
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
Oh no. Break out the Turing Test!

Offline relmz32

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

If he was, he would have floated off somehow, and wouldn't be able to answer our posts.  Unless the AI found his account, and is really acting as a spy...*looks for evidence of humanity or robotity from Keith*

I'm pretty sure he has been subjected to paradoxes without flipping out, so either he is on a Wheatley level of intelligence (unlikely), immune to paradoxes, or human.
A programmer had a problem. She thought to herself, "I know, I'll solve it with threads!". has Now problems. two she.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »
Oh no. Break out the Turing Test!

*beep* *boop* I am not a robot.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »
Voting population now at 39, which is about as high as any of these get, so locking this one up. 

The result is that only the TDL wins, as the "None of the above" option won second place.

Based on very recent feedback (specifically, Faulty's last AAR updated) on heavy engagements with the TDL I'm thinking it's actually pretty balanced now.  In my own tests the increased attrition is still very fickle though because it's done on a per-second basis.  A TD can go pretty far in a second, so I need to change that back to some kind of per-frame attrition.  Won't be easy on me or the processor, but it's a small enough set of ships that it should be ok.

That will basically nerf it a bit more but in general make it more consistent in how far you can throw the enemy.  If people still think it's OP after that we can look at increasing the attrition-while-engaged more, lowering the speed, lowering the tractor count, whatever.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!