Poll

Acquiring Target...

Autobomb Colony Ship (nebula scenario unit)
17 (23%)
Carrier
4 (5.4%)
Gravity Drain
5 (6.8%)
Gravity emitting units (all of them)
8 (10.8%)
Ravenous Shadow (nebula scenario unit)
7 (9.5%)
Tackle Drone Launchers
8 (10.8%)
Wormhole guard post
10 (13.5%)
Zenith Paralyzers
0 (0%)
Zenith bombard
14 (18.9%)
None of these need a nerf! (don't use your other votes, will count by head instead of vote)
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Aim the Nerfbat of Damocles: AI-side (II)  (Read 13862 times)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
Re: Poll: Aim the Nerfbat of Damocles: AI-side (II)
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:44 pm »
Wait, so spire railgun munitions arent consider snipers? Despite having inf range and acting like a sniper shot? I am confused.

Also, emps are 2aip, but yeah, I cleared out part of it with an emp.The rest will wait until after I get around to caring about that half of the galaxy. Still over a thousand there (enough to alpha enough of the fleet to make it really bad..)
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »
Wait, so spire railgun munitions arent consider snipers? Despite having inf range and acting like a sniper shot? I am confused.
If it has infinite range, then its a sniper shot.  Several railgun/railcannon types don't have infinite range.  But now that I realize which ones you mean; yea, those do.

Also, emps are 2aip, but yeah, I cleared out part of it with an emp.The rest will wait until after I get around to caring about that half of the galaxy. Still over a thousand there (enough to alpha enough of the fleet to make it really bad..)
Ah, right, 2 AIP.  I never really noticed when using it to prime something actually-dangerous for disassembly by spirefleet ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:04 pm »
Code: [Select]
Doing Special Forces Spawn; Game Time: 11:55:03
baseSizeFactor = 30
specialDifficultyFactor = Game.Instance.Options.TotalSpecialDifficultyModifier (based on difficulty, homeworld count, handicap) = 1.8
effectiveAIP = 450
aiTypeMultiplier = (1 + 2 per Special Forces Captain AI) = 1
specialForcesPostsInNonAITerritoryMultiplier = Mat.One + ( FInt.FromParts( 0, 050 ) * numberOfSpecialForcesPostsInNonAITerritory ) = 1
specialForcesStrengthCap = baseSizeFactor * difficultyFactor * effectiveAIP * aiTypeMultiplier * specialForcesPostsInNonAITerritoryMultiplier = 24297.36
strengthMissing = specialForcesStrengthCap - totalExistingSpecialForcesStrength = 23525.34
percentMissing = strengthMissing / specialForcesStrengthCap = 0.97
maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = ( ( 196 * 300 ) / specialForcesStrengthCap ) * 60 = 145.2
actualNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength - ( ( maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength / 2 ) * percentMissing ) = 74.92
strengthToSpawn = (FInt)( secondsPerSpawnCheck * 196 ) / actualNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = 164.82
strengthToSpawn = Min(strengthToSpawn,strengthMissing) = 164.82
allocating 0.24 out of 1 (39.84 strength) for role: None , eligible types:MissileShipII, RaiderII, NeinzulScapegoatII
allocating 0.51 out of 1 (84.42 strength) for role: AntiBomber , eligible types:FighterII, MicroFighterII, AcidSprayerII, BulletproofFighterII
allocating 0.14 out of 1 (22.77 strength) for role: LongRange , eligible types:ZenithBombardmentII, SpiderII
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: CopperPlatedBastard , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Tractor , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Gravity , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Reclamator , eligible types:
allocating 0.11 out of 1 (17.7 strength) for role: DefenseCracker , eligible types:BomberII
actually bought:
9 MissileShipII @ 2 each, so total for line = 18
7 NeinzulScapegoatII @ 2 each, so total for line = 14
8 RaiderII @ 0.98 each, so total for line = 7.84
15 BulletproofFighterII @ 2.18 each, so total for line = 32.72
7 FighterII @ 2 each, so total for line = 14
9 AcidSprayerII @ 2 each, so total for line = 18
16 MicroFighterII @ 1.33 each, so total for line = 21.33
4 SpiderII @ 2 each, so total for line = 8
2 ZenithBombardmentII @ 8 each, so total for line = 16
9 BomberII @ 2 each, so total for line = 18
Grand total: 86 ships, 167.89 strength

Looks like the bombards are valued at what I would imagine is a similar per-cap ratio. Ill leave it running a bit longer, as I recently cleared the entire SF group with a mk2 emp, and see what happens.

I found these lines kinda interesting.. (light water and shore of infinity are two of my spire city defense planets)
Code: [Select]

Rejecting excessive human-firepower planet Light Water, math breakdown:
planet.HumanMilitaryFirepowerSim:2728186
humanFirepowerMustBeThisHighToCountAsBlockingPlanet:569
( ( planet.AttackingShipsFirepowerSim + planet.ThreatShipsFirepowerSim ) / 2 ):0
humanFirepowerMustBeThisLowToBeAttackable:2849
Rejecting excessive human-firepower planet Split Fire, math breakdown:
planet.HumanMilitaryFirepowerSim:14609364
( ( planet.AttackingShipsFirepowerSim + planet.ThreatShipsFirepowerSim ) / 2 ):0
Rejecting excessive human-firepower planet Shore of Infinity, math breakdown:
planet.HumanMilitaryFirepowerSim:2281480
No accessible eligible targets, so rallying in AI space on planet Spring Of Belief
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 09:36:57 pm »
Looks like the bombards are valued at what I would imagine is a similar per-cap ratio. Ill leave it running a bit longer, as I recently cleared the entire SF group with a mk2 emp, and see what happens.
Yea, each bombard cost 4x as much as the fighters, etc.  Sounds right by the caps, iirc.

I found these lines kinda interesting.. (light water and shore of infinity are two of my spire city defense planets)
Those are actually from the threatfleet logic and don't apply to the SF ships.  The SF logfile contains SF, Strategic Reserve, and Threatfleet logging to keep the number of files down since it'd been mentioned that there were quite a few ;)  I may split them out if I get around to adding a "clear all advanced logs" button or something like that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
If it has infinite range, then its a sniper shot.  Several railgun/railcannon types don't have infinite range.  But now that I realize which ones you mean; yea, those do.

Does that include the Cursed Golem with its 603k range?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 03:09:01 pm »

Nope. Only those with 999000 or so range (or more) count for infinite range. So the cursed golem neatley sidesteps this.
This is also how ion canons and OMDs sidestep sniper immunity.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

Nope. Only those with 999000 or so range (or more) count for infinite range. So the cursed golem neatley sidesteps this.
This is also how ion canons and OMDs sidestep sniper immunity.

Aren't all sniper types shooting railgun ammo (Sentinel Frigate with energy wave an exception)?
OMD => Mass Driver, Ion Cannon => Ion Beam, CG => Energy Burst, Artillery G => Artillery
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »
BTW Is Mass Drivers', Ion Cannons' and.. "eye ball things one shotting cloaked things" damage reduced by forcefields?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »
BTW Is Mass Drivers', Ion Cannons' and.. "eye ball things one shotting cloaked things" damage reduced by forcefields?

Yes to all, but the mass driver is only cut by 25% instead of 75%, like flaks and lightning turrets. (The description was never updated to reflect that though)
However, 25% of insta-kill (infinite damage) is still infinite. Thus, ion canons and the counter spies still insta kill under a forcefield. Only if their shots don't insta-kill (like an ion cannon shooting something of a higher mark than it) does the normal damage rules apply, and you see the reduction (100 damage -> 25 damage)

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:10 pm »
Is engine damage (Ion Cannons, Riots) reduced by forcefields too?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:48 pm »
Is engine damage (Ion Cannons, Riots) reduced by forcefields too?

Not to my knowledge. Only HP damage is reduced by forcefield damage reduction. Engine damage, armor damage (aka. rotting), and other types of damage are not impacted by it.
This can be very useful at times.

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 04:11:19 pm »
Then agaion engine damage auto-repairs so fast that it's hardly worth it.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

Not quite. Unlike armor damage, but like HP auto-regen effects, engine damage has a delay between last hit and auto-repair starts. This means that the ion cannon's small engine damage can add up if it keeps shooting. And its not all that small, its just a little less than the sniper turret's. Fleet ship engine heath tends to be in the hundreds, which is pretty easily depleted.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »
The amount of still-ongoing Riot ED cheese strongly disagrees with you ;)

But now its impact is tactical, rather than strategic.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
Locking this one down as it's looking pretty decided.  The Intercontinental Ballistic Nerfbats have launched and locked on to the  Autobombcolonyship and Zombards.

Thanks for the feedback, as always :)