Author Topic: Please Make the Human Rebels Afraid of the Devourer Golem  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Relee

Please Make the Human Rebels Afraid of the Devourer Golem
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:05:54 pm »
So, it's the first time playing in a long while. I've got a lot of stuff in my current game, including the devourer golem and human rebels. I've gotta say, please, please, please make the human rebels afraid of the devourer golem.

I was really excited to see the human rebels show up. I had botched the Light of the Spire thing where you get the giant crystal; I had revealed it at the moment of a big wave so I had a TON of ships coming in. Somehow I didn't lose any command stations; probably because a whole mess of friendly rank four ships popped up. After that planet was clear, they started automatically patrolling all of my planets. It was great! I have roaming enclaves on, and I don't think I'm gonna do that again 'cause they're kind of annoying, but with my basic defenses the rebels patrols had no problem fighting off the spikebabies.

Just now the devourer golem showed up; he's been bugging the AI for a long time, on the fringes of my territory, but now he's here. All of the rebels attacked him directly and were instantly killed.

Yeah.

So much for those guys! But yes, please make the rebels afraid of the Devourer, and leave the planet he's on. I can't stop them from suiciding and frankly, it was just really sad to watch them all die like that.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Please Make the Human Rebels Afraid of the Devourer Golem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:02:01 am »
I'm not sure but this could qualify as a bug.
I had devourer fly side by side with nebula allies and my understanding is that devourer shouldn't attack other minor factions.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »
Were those nebula allies only the biggest ("command and control", in the description) ones?  Those are mkV, and the cookie monster's doctor told him to stop eating mkV cookies.

Also, the devourer probably leaves any "enemy to all" factions alone, since it is also enemy to all, and they don't fire on each other (otherwise every marauder spawn would be brutal and short ;) ).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:48 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, he's talking about the Human Resistance Fighters Minor Faction.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 01:49:34 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, he's talking about the Human Resistance Fighters Minor Faction.
That was my understanding as well.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:49 pm »
Right, I was responding to the post just before mine.  But you might not be responding to me.  All very complex :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 03:14:59 pm »
I was referring to both of you, actually. I didn't realize that you were replying to orzelek, though.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 01:18:27 am »
Perhaps resistance ships should be Mark V? They certainly have the stats for it.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 04:29:48 am »
Making them Mk V would be simplest solution.

As for nebula allies and Devourer - maybe he munched on some and left the others. I wasn't looking at that being busy evacuating my other more consumable assets.