Author Topic: Planet/ship selection in 1.005 question  (Read 3122 times)

Offline netWilk

• Newbie Mark III
Planet/ship selection in 1.005 question
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:21 pm »
Is it just my imagination, or in v1.004 were we able to change our selected planet (in the start game screen) by just clicking on a different planet.  v1.005 requires one to deselect the current planet first.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Planet/ship selection in 1.005 question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:23:21 pm »
It's always made you deselect the current planet first... :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Quitch

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:46:22 pm »
Ah yes, I meant to flag this. I'd prefer not to have to deselect since, with only one planet to choose, I don't see the point, the game knows which planet I want to drop as I only have the one.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:19:40 pm »
Yeah, that's a good point that you both have.  It was originally done this way because of the way things worked in early alpha versions (where the host also set AI home planets, since the AI worked more like a human proxy then, rather than the way it works now).  And it was also consistent with SupCom, I think.  But anyway, the design has changed so much now that you're right, it doesn't make sense to have to clear the existing one first.  I'll make the needed adjustment in an upcoming prerelease version.  Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk