Author Topic: Omg, my nickname is in the credits :O  (Read 4813 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Omg, my nickname is in the credits :O
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:39:56 am »
I only noticed that just now lol. What did I do to earn that honorable spot? :O I've contributed some ideas and thoughts about the game over the past 2 years, but I didn't think it would be enough to earn a spot in the game's credits.
Well, whoever decided that I should be in it (I'm asuming Keith), thank you ^^ I know it's silly, but reading your own name in the credits of one of your favourite games is a real boost for one's ego :P

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Omg, my nickname is in the credits :O
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:42:05 am »
Basically, if you get mentioned in the changelog three or more times, we include your name in the credits. :)

It's how we show that we really do appreciate the community, since none of our games would be anywhere near as good as they are without you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:13:09 am by tigersfan »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:42:43 am »
Yea, basically it's for repeat offenders ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:49:28 am »
hehe well thx guys ^^
Ai war is one of the few games I keep coming back to, so I'm glad to contribute in any way possible

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:26:27 am »
I get all warm and fuzzy when I see the things I had a very direct effect on during the 5.0 era
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
I get all warm and fuzzy when I see the things I had a very direct effect on during the 5.0 era
The heat I understand, but I didn't realize getting caught in a nuclear explosion produced any sensation of fuzziness.  Unless you mean "transformed into particulate matter" :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 11:21:34 am »
It happens when you get bit by a radioactive cat (or dog) maybe?

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:06 pm »
The heat I understand, but I didn't realize getting caught in a nuclear explosion produced any sensation of fuzziness.  Unless you mean "transformed into particulate matter" :)

Simple: radiation, in addition to causing a warm feeling, also causes brain and eye damage. Feeling fuzzy means feeling confused, and we can blame that on the brain damage from the radiation (plus, with the eye damage, everything looks fuzzy, too  :)).

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »
I have no clue whats going on here, but welcome to the club :D
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »
My name's in AVWW's credits, but I don't think I'm in AI War's. I've reported a fair number of bugs, but not enough features. None that made it into the game at any rate.  :P

I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:44:27 am »

Psh, kids and your 5.0 era. Back in my day... Hey! get off my lawn!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 01:15:40 am »
I've been a fan of AIW for some time now and only recently decided to join the community here on the forums. I went from buggin Chris about AVWW (just after 1.1 I think) but I think I improved on that with the AS beta.You'll have to ask Keith how big of a PIT... help I was.

I was happy being mentioned in the wikis. Getting a mention in the credits? Wow thanks (two times over).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 02:09:20 am »
Meh, whatever the case may be you're probably better than I am. I mostly report bugs that I find. I was good enough to get into the AVWW credits, but I haven't checked to see if I'm in the AI War credits. Since I most made bugfix reports, probably not.

Offline Nodor

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 02:45:49 am »
It could be worse. 

Your handle could be in the patch log five times and you could still not make the cut for the credits.

Or is that better?

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 03:10:26 am »
Well, thanks to this thread, I've had my little ego moment. I know I haven't donated as much time and consideration as some, but it's nice to see my meager contributions had enough of an impact to see 'doctorfrog' scroll up through the credits list.  :) I love this game and Arcen in general and it's pretty spiffy how much of that love bounces back in those patch logs, game improvements, and in little touches like that.