Author Topic: Amount of unique ships?  (Read 930 times)

Offline Jac_Solar

Amount of unique ships?
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:57:33 am »
Hey. I was wondering how many unique ships there are in this game, including all expansions - as in, how many unique models there are?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:59:22 am by Jac_Solar »

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: Amount of unique ships?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:31:40 am »
The wiki might help.  It doesn't have Ancient Shadows yet, but at the bottom of the page I linked is a pretty comprehensive list of ships and other structures.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:46 am »
If you press F1 in-game, you will cycle through every single ship type, as sorted by mark.

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »
The wiki lists approximately 100 types of fleet ship (note - I did not count them, I copied the list into Word, looked at the word counter, and divided by two on the assumption that there were roughly two words per ship name). Since each fleet ship has four to five mark levels, each of which usually has a unique model, that would give about 400 unique ship models for fleet ships alone.

There are also about 15 unique lines of starships, which would add roughly another 60 relatively unique models if the models for starship mark levels are unique.

The \Images\Ships folder in the install directory includes 1068 files, although some of those are color masks.

Based on the above, I would guess that there are roughly 700 unique ship models in the game, but beyond that guess I could not tell you, and that guess probably includes things like turret and command station models.

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 12:27:54 am »
If you are actually asking about all ships and not just fleet ships, I'd say it is closer to 500.

Did a quick filter on the data file I'm using for the wiki to come up with that guesstimate.

Note that my filter would could things such as a basic turret and the basic turret remains as two ships though.

For the record, the unfiltered data file has 1725 entries in it.

D.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk