Author Topic: Wiki proofreading required  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Wiki proofreading required
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:11:29 am »
Hello.

I did some work for the AIW's wiki and as my English is far from perfect, I'm sure you'll find tons of mistakes in these pages.

Guardians
Dire Guardians
Guard Posts

Thanks in advance!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Wiki proofreading required
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:05:00 pm »
Just did a quick scan so far.
Only things I see so far is organizational:  For the Guard Posts, I'd suggest breaking them out into separate sections for the Brutal Guardposts, and the Unusual posts like the Special Forces, Counter-attack, Wormhole Guardposts.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 04:26:58 am »
Just did a quick scan so far.
Only things I see so far is organizational:  For the Guard Posts, I'd suggest breaking them out into separate sections for the Brutal Guardposts, and the Unusual posts like the Special Forces, Counter-attack, Wormhole Guardposts.
Okay. Thanks.

What is a "section", for you? A page? Or just several chapters, separated by a big title, but on the same page?

Moving the SF GP, the Counterattack and Wormhole into a "unusual" pool? Why not. The criterion would be "special rule of seeding" (at least one SF GP per planet and rarely more / only if plot on /  only around wormholes).

What do you call "Brutal" GP? Isn't it the same thing as "Core"?
*Forum Search*
Ow. So brutal != core. Why didn't you tell me that, %!#*$ wiki! So, the GP that are outlined in black instead of white, they are Core but not Brutal? Oh, nope: I see a CPA GP outlined in black, and a Riot Control in white. Wait, the CPA GP is a brutal pick, right? RIGHT? Maaan, that Core/Brutal distinction is sooo blurry!

Here is the list from that found forum post, but it seems incomplete:
* AI Core Eyes
* AI Core Raid Engines
* AI CPA Posts
* AI Wraith Lance Post
* AI <Launches gravity drones and with gravity field> Post (Grav Reactor (black-hole-like) or Riot Control?)
* Teuthida Post

Also... Core Eyes? They're not just regular eyes? And they count as a brutal pick?

*Ran some tests with double Brutal AI and complete visibility*

Okay, here is the brutal GP I found:
* Raid Engine
* CPA
* Grav Reactor
* H/K Factory
* Shredder Drone
* Wrath Lance
* Teuthida

Aaand it's official, the black/white outline is just plain inconsistent. Some brutal are black, some non-brutal are white.
Also, it seems the Rude Gesture SubCom and the Nomad planets have no brutal GP with the Brutal AI type. I've also seen a no-SubCom MkIV planet with no brutal GP...

It makes me think... A new AI type, "cousin" of the brutal: it has one core, non-brutal GP on each planet, not only MkIV.

Well, thanks for pointing that, Toranth. I'm on it.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 05:06:40 am »
Edit done, but... I'm not very pleased with the pool's names.
Regular, (non-brutal) Core and Brutal are ok.
However, how to name the SF/Counterwave/Wormhole and Subcommander-reserved? I said "special" and "exotic", but if someone has a better idea, I'm interested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk