Author Topic: A swallower annoyance (unable to replace ships while being eaten)  (Read 868 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
I would like to bring up the topic of swallowers again. For me, the balance of them seems mostly right, but there is one iffy thing:
A way to replace ships being swallowed. Right now, you either have to try to take out the swallower (often not an easy task, especially in the early game) or wait until your ships slowly and painstakingly get eaten before you can reclaim that lost firepower (through getting it back or rebuilding it). This isn't really fun.
I think maybe that the best possible to somehow introduce a way to scrap swallowed ships, so you can opt to just "give up" on the ship instead of having to wait for the ship to die. This would bring it in line with other "trapping" mechanics like tractors and gravity, where you can simply "opt-out" of trying to get your ships out of it if you don't want to bother.

Also, has the bug where the AI can get swallowers even when swallowers are disabled been fixed yet?

Offline Qatu

Re: A swallower annoyance (unable to replace ships while being eaten)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »
I hate how ships inside swallowers dont shoot back, I hate how forcefields don:t stop swallowing, Ihate how I still get some swallowers in exo waves even when disabled.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 05:19:55 pm »
Oh, forcefields don't block "swallow beams"?

Yikes, that seems to be an ugly oversight. Yea, that should be a good nerf for swallowing too.

Offline Jannik2099

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »
When I see Swallowers I just ROFLSTOMP  them
but when you free a ship which had orders before they got swallowed, those orders will be gone, which is kinda annoying

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
I like swallowers, I think they're funny. :D

If you turn them off, they should be fully turned off, though. That includes exos.

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
Swallowed ships losing orders is one of my biggest annoyances about swallowers, although by now I mostly chalk it up as part of their "danger rating".

Which, actually, I've thought of being unable to replace the ships in the same way.  Swallowers are so dangerous that they attack your ~ship caps~.  :p

Offline The Hunter

• Full Member Mark II
  • H/K Mk5
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:28:41 pm »
Oh so /thats/ why i often find my starships and stuff hiding beyond the mines after exos. In that case fixing that cancel would be awesome, dont really have anything against "attacking ship caps" though.

Also maybe change indication on the galaxy map? as it can get confused with transports. [Random idea: Use different kind of parentheses]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk