Author Topic: Is there a Patrol Move?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Is there a Patrol Move?
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:11:09 pm »
I tried several keybindings, but I don't see how I can have ships move in a patrol route. Is that actually doable?

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Is there a Patrol Move?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »
I tried several keybindings, but I don't see how I can have ships move in a patrol route. Is that actually doable?

You can use the Redirector Rally Posts in sequence to have your ships move on to the next system each time they enter a system.

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »

You can use the Redirector Rally Posts in sequence to have your ships move on to the next system each time they enter a system.

I mean in the same system. For example, I would like to spiral a scout starship to uncover any enemy cloaked ships, or let lightning torpedo frigates circle around the gravity well

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:42:08 pm »
Or I should probably try to script Xorg ;) That way I am creating a third AI fighting the two evil AIs >D

Offline Elestan

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »
I mean in the same system. For example, I would like to spiral a scout starship to uncover any enemy cloaked ships, or let lightning torpedo frigates circle around the gravity well
That's pretty unnecessary as things stand.  The AI doesn't use many cloaked ships, and always flies them in straight-line paths from wormhole to target (usually your local command station, or the wormhole leading toward your home command station), so finding them is pretty trivial.  Plus, even cloaked ships show up on the right-hand-side ship listing.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 03:19:46 am »
I would like to spiral a scout starship to uncover any enemy cloaked ships, or let lightning torpedo frigates circle around the gravity well
Park a Scout Starship on top of a wormhole and have your Sniper Turrets ready. Or you could get some Tachyon "Turrets".
But honestyl there's no need to worry about a couple of AI ships flying around in your planets if you have at least a couple of turrets on every planet.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 05:55:48 am »
The ultimate solution being the decloaker (1,000 Knowledge, 20,000 tachyon range). Surprisingly awesome to bring in battles when facing a stealth master AI.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk