Author Topic: I think I accidentally defender mode.  (Read 4702 times)

Offline The Hunter

• Full Member Mark II
  • H/K Mk5
Re: I think I accidentally defender mode.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 11:48:09 pm »

Managed to get slightly more of ye olde motherships, i am not sure what those carriers are carrying though...

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 12:22:59 am »
Anyone else noticed there have been zero posts in the Defender Mode Strategy Discussion subforum for over 16 months?  ???
It's basically the most broken feature in the game ;)  Particularly in that it doesn't mesh well with a ton of the other lobby choices.

I have an idea for reinventing it that I think will be more fun, but fixing defender mode has definitely not seemed like a priority to anyone here, so I haven't put much time in that direction.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 12:23:59 am »
I've had fun with it when I just wanted to see stuff blow up and high mark turrets pwning everything.

But yea, it has sort of "fallen behind" in terms of balance and workability with current mechanics.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 09:32:54 am »
We played it on 7/7 last weekish and by the end of it it wasn't particularly exciting. Nothing changed hands until the accumulated threatships attacked instead of the rather meager waves, and the threat was too late to actually take more than a couple planets before timeup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk