Author Topic: Hangars  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Admiral

Hangars
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:25:48 am »
Here's another idea for mobile units (and other units that take energy).

Have an "Idle" command. Once a unit is idled, it takes no more energy. However, it takes a certain amount of time to de-idle it. Maybe 25% of the build time, with a minimum of some reasonable amount of time (no more than minutes)? During the de-idling, you could have it use 2x (or Nx) its usual energy as a "powering up" draw.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Hangars
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:26:53 pm »
I never much was a fan of the "deploying" of seige weapons in other RTS games, and this smacks of that to me.  It always just felt like extra micromanagement that I did not appreciate.  If I am to do something like this, it would probably be via some sort of "hangar" system where mobile ships can be placed in storage.  They would not cost population cap or energy while in there, but could not be brought out if they would violate the population cap or energy rules (and would be destroyed if the hangar was destroyed.

Adding this to the future DLC list as hangar...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Haagenti

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:56:31 am »
I would love these hangars as they would very effectively raise my ship-cap.

For defense, I could say, leave 50 II cruisers unbuilt. Then place one or more hangars with 50 II cruisers on all my border worlds (perhaps multiples). Whenever there was an emergency, I pop out the local garrison, kill everything and retreat back.

<removed>
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:23:59 am by Haagenti »
Nerfer of EtherJets, Lightning Turrets, Parasites, Raiders, Low Automatic Progress and Deep Raids (to name the most important)

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:13:12 am »
Ahaha. :)  Well, this will definitely have to be carefully balanced, I suppose.  Maybe with some sort of "time to emerge" that makes it less of an immediate defensive force, so that it's not too easy to just defend from hangars alone.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 02:18:51 pm »
I want to date some of Haag's girls...

Oh wait, did I actually stay that out loud? I meant to say... HEY! Someone changed my post title. *grins*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk