Author Topic: Gameplay enjoyment skyrocketing since 6.0  (Read 23530 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
Gameplay enjoyment skyrocketing since 6.0
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:39:23 am »
I just want to say that this expansion has been a huge upgrade from before.  Several key (formerly annoying) aspects of the game have changed in a positive way, and I am now having more fun playing AI War than I ever did before.

1. AI no longer sitting outside the wormhole for an eternity.  I love the new threat changes.

2. Champion scenarios give you something fun to do while your fleet is rebuilding.  (Before you basically twiddled your thumbs)

3. The Special Guard Posts changes make it a lot more interesting and hectic to attack a planet.

4. The bonus ship and minor faction aid you get from the Champion Scenarios really adds to the enjoyment of the game.  It's cool to be communicating and borrowing so much alien technology.  I love the feel of all the different alien and human factions with weird names.

5. The Fabricator changes.  No more 3 spider fabs in every game yay!  It's great to see different Fabricators to go for this time.

6. The mini-fortresses - great change to make it much less of a hassle to defend those outer planets.

7. The AI Homeworld changes.  I haven't actually tested these yet, but I'm definitely excited to try!

All in all this patch and expansion have breathed new life into this game for me, so I just want to give you guys (especially Keith) a gigantic thumbs up.  I hope we continue to see new AI War patches and expansions for a long time to come!
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
Re: Gameplay enjoyment skyrocketing since 6.0
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:37:20 am »
This game just keeps getting better and better!

5. The Fabricator changes.  No more 3 spider fabs in every game yay!  It's great to see different Fabricators to go for this time.
And they're not next to wormholes anymore!
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:20:36 am »
Wait, you're liking this too much.  It must be some sort of ambush.  Must inflict more pain ;)

Thanks for letting us know it's an improvement :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:38:35 pm »
Will just agree with Wingflier. A lot of my issues with AIW were cleared up with 6.0 and Ancient Shadows that I didn't realize were there until they were fixed. I don't play nearly enough, but all these changes will make this game more fun to play in the long run. :)
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk