Author Topic: Flare  (Read 2444 times)

Offline spelk

Flare
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:14:46 pm »
I might be just me, but when using the Flare in the game, I'm having trouble seeing it on the mini-map.. so I'm trying to highlight a place for concern for the other player to go to, but they're unable to tell where it is. Is there a way to make the flare much more obvious, even though its only displyed for such a short time? So make it slightly bigger, or make it bright and be the top layer on the mini-map display?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Flare
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:21:31 pm »
It actually is the top level item on the display, but if you are playing as kind of a dull color it might blend in.  Same if it's on top of a bunch of stuff that is the same color.  To combat that, I'll add a white border around flares, which should really make them stand out a lot more.

As a side note, you can hit ~ to automatically go to the site of the last flare.  That's the quickest thing when somebody wants to show you something and it's not already on your screen.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline spelk

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:44:25 am »
Ah thanks for that, I think a white border might help pull it out of the background noise. The go to flare key, that will come in very useful for now.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:25:04 am »
Awesome!  I wanted to have the border in last night's prerelease, but ran out of time.  It will be in today's prerelease for sure.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 04:38:20 pm »
Okay, the latest prerelease is now out with the fix for this:  http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php?topic=64.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk