Author Topic: Dark Spire  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
Dark Spire
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:32:38 pm »
Can somebody explain how this works exactly?

It seems that the more you attack a planet with a Dark Spire Building on it, the more they respond.  It gets expontential to the point that killing anything spawns a huge amount of Dark Spire ships.

However, something strange happens then that I didn't expect:  Attacking other planets with Dark Spire Buildings also causes them to spawn on the previous planet I attacked.

What is going on?
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Varone

• Jr. Member Mark III
Re: Dark Spire
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »
As far as i know any Dark Spire Building you've activated will spawn ships when another Dark Spire Building is activated albeit to a lesser extent.

In theory you could activate the Dark Spire Buildings deep in AI territory then just annoy a Dark Spire Building near your own territory to cause continued Spire spawns.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Dark Spire
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
It seems that the more you attack a planet with a Dark Spire Building on it, the more they respond.  It gets expontential to the point that killing anything spawns a huge amount of Dark Spire ships.
Killing the dark spire ships doesn't feed into the loop, and a dark spire spawn is roughly 1/10th (iirc) the strength of the pile of ships that died to cause the spawn, so as long as the ratio of dark-spire losses to non-dark-spire losses (in terms of relative unit strength, not ship count) is higher than 1:10, the dark spire population on that planet will decrease over time.

However, something strange happens then that I didn't expect:  Attacking other planets with Dark Spire Buildings also causes them to spawn on the previous planet I attacked.
Yep, when one spawner triggers, all other previously triggered spawners (wherever they are in the galaxy) get a half-strength spawn.

Or, to sum it all up: Chaos :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!