Author Topic: AI War Beta 7.018 "Troubleshooters" Released!  (Read 13215 times)

Offline RockyBst

• Full Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 7.018 "Troubleshooters" Released!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 03:33:32 am »
Ah, well that would explain it then. The first things to die in any attack are gonna be the minefields...

Toranth's list of priorities sounds about right to me, the energy generator in particular. Proximity based prioritisation would also mean forcefields covering the command station go back up ASAP, although those poor sniper turrets at the edge of the grav well might get a bit lonely.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 08:46:49 am »
although those poor sniper turrets at the edge of the grav well might get a bit lonely.

I tend to put my sniper turrets just the far side of the command station.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 09:45:55 am »
although those poor sniper turrets at the edge of the grav well might get a bit lonely.

I tend to put my sniper turrets just the far side of the command station.
Good boy.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 10:03:15 am »
Ah, well that would explain it then. The first things to die in any attack are gonna be the minefields...
Yep; the remains "ships" are created on-death, so if there were no remains on the planet then the first thing to die gets its remains at the front of the list, etc.

Though when I looked more closely at the code while putting in some prioritization last night I noticed that it did already have some prioritization based on range.  I put in more emphasis on "stuff that's already in range is preferable" in cases where there's no overriding concern.

On having them not fly back to their FRD point between every rebuild, that would be considerably more complex as that's more an attribute of FRD behavior than of rebuilder behavior.  Got a bunch of other code I've been messing with lately, not wanting to add that particular can of worms right now.

Speaking of cans of worms, my last batch of AI tweaks basically made a goodly chunk of its "ok, I've got some threat on this planet now, what is there to do?" logic go heavily sideways.  Basically it's always acting as if there's no interesting human presence to attack or fend off, so it just finds somewhere else to go.  Kind of a "Three Sheets To The Wind" AI Type ;)  It's eerie how the overall effect of the AI's behavior still often hovers around the edges of making sense.

Anyway, going to try to get that fix out with the other pending stuff tonight after normal work hours (TLF's in crunch mode right now, don't want to be on-call for critical AIW bugs during the day).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 10:39:46 am »
Well.. you should always use attack move with Engineers and Rebuilders if there are AI ships present. FRD is ok between waves etc.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:15 am »
I'd love a control option that said, "engineers and rebuilders suppress FRD when hostile units are present" (the harvesters ignore cloaked units toggle would then suppress the suppression for cloaked units).

Offline RockyBst

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »
Oh, while I'm thinking about it is there any easy way to update the steam achievements? The one for having 2 million energy for example, where in-game you actually need to have 12 million. I don't want my 200 matter converters going un-noticed, now ;)

Super low priority of course, but might be worth a trawl though prior to the new expansion in August.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:21 pm »
What about when remains rebuilders stubbornly try to rebuild something they can't yet (like due to energy) instead of finding a new thing to rebuild?

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »
What about when remains rebuilders stubbornly try to rebuild something they can't yet (like due to energy) instead of finding a new thing to rebuild?
Or energy collector when the system is neutral (multiplayer only)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 11:30:07 pm »
I'd love a control option that said, "engineers and rebuilders suppress FRD when hostile units are present" (the harvesters ignore cloaked units toggle would then suppress the suppression for cloaked units).

Yes yes yes yes, please!

Having to manually re-enable and re-disable FRD on my engis after each wave is my least favorite bit of micro at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk