Author Topic: Cannot continue Spire storyline  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Drjones013

Cannot continue Spire storyline
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:54:19 am »
I got into a 5/5 game with all of the expansions so I could see the Spire storyline (and get back into the game after a long absence)... and the story won't let me continue. I saved the first, built the scanner, saved the ship, built the colony, built the colony ship, saved the shard, built the ship, and can't continue expanding the second city. The first city started at Tier II (which was strange) and two of the signals were on the same planet (also strange).

I'd really like to be able to finish this game!

Offline rabican

Re: Cannot continue Spire storyline
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:27:33 am »
Save game?

Have you killed all AI planets surrounding second city, and built habitation center there?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:28:22 am »
Saves from the following times would help:

1) Before the first city was built.
2) When the first city was done building and started as tier II.
3) If you saw more than one signal at the same time:
3a) Before the signals were announced.
3b) After the signals were announced.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »
How do I include the files?

(Btw I think I have everything except for the first city starting at Tier 2)

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 06:18:49 pm »
When posting, below the textbox, there should be, in yellow text "Additional Options..." . Click on it, then click Browse, then navigate to your AI War folder, then in runtimedata there should be a folder marked Save.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »
How do I include the files?

(Btw I think I have everything except for the first city starting at Tier 2)
1) Click "reply" on this page
2) Click on the "Additional Options..." link beneath the big textbox.
3) Click on the "Browse..." button next to the "Attach:" textbox.
4) Select the file to attach.
5) If you need to add more, click on "(more attachments)" below that and repeat.
6) When you make the post, the files will be attached :)

Alternatively there's mantis.

(alternatively, I could get ninjad)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:30:35 pm »
Okay, the 'Corellian' save should be before I grabbed the first signal. The first and second signal spawn in the same system (just out of East Gate). 'Unable to Build' is the save where I'm unable to progress the storyline.

@Rabican

No, actually, I hadn't killed all of the command centers around the second city (but I did build a habitation center there). As another odd thing, I was able to build a second habitation center before I built another reactor at the second city (the first city has three reactors for two habitation centers and a dock).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:34:14 pm by Drjones013 »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:49:33 pm »
As another odd thing, I was able to build a second habitation center before I built another reactor at the second city (the first city has three reactors for two habitation centers and a dock).
That much is working as intended: reactors provide galaxy-wide support, both for shipyards and for hab centers.  If you have 3 reactors in the galaxy, you can have 3 hab centers and 3 shipyards in the galaxy (doesn't care where) :)

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »
So it's no longer a reactor per habitation or dock?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »
It's a galaxy wide count. Your Habs and Shipyard counts can't be greater than your Reactor count.

You can do a 2/2/2  H/R/S

You can have 1/3/2 and alternate it with 1/2/3 to get more shipyards out.

Assuming T2 cities in all cases.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »
So it's no longer a reactor per habitation or dock?
I didn't change it; since the LotS beta anyhow.  It's been this way :)

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 09:47:39 pm »
Well, I definitely have built all of the reactors that I need... the game just won't let me build more structures to upgrade.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »
It's a galaxy wide count. Your Habs and Shipyard counts can't be greater than your Reactor count.

I've got two cities set up with 5x reactors and 1 hab center to serve as supplementary dps/damagesoaks on my outer planets.. They serve surprisingly well. They also cost a fortune and a half to build (each reactor costs 250k/250k plus about 300k/400k in modules)

This means I also have two cities in my backwater that are 5x shipyards and 1 hab center. Those were pretty cheap comparatively!
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:28 pm »

I've got two cities set up with 5x reactors and 1 hab center to serve as supplementary dps/damagesoaks on my outer planets.. They serve surprisingly well. They also cost a fortune and a half to build (each reactor costs 250k/250k plus about 300k/400k in modules)

This means I also have two cities in my backwater that are 5x shipyards and 1 hab center. Those were pretty cheap comparatively!

Concentrated firepower!

Well, I definitely have built all of the reactors that I need... the game just won't let me build more structures to upgrade.

Each hub needs a Hab to advance to T2. Until then your capped at 3 structures per hub.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:09:58 pm »
Have a hab in my hub but Bub it don't love. It won't grow, Flo, or get large, Marge.

It just sits there and waits for a build command that never comes.