Author Topic: Can I see the graph?  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: Can I see the graph?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 06:14:30 am »
I worked on it a bit here and there towards the end of last year, so there's a working skeleton with MP and mod support and what not. But it's very skeletal, basically just the human command station, a space dock, fighters, waves of enemy fighters, and the AI command stations :)

But it is going after SBR.
*.*
I try not to be overexcited, but now I really can't wait for it!

Anyway, I'd say an update is worth at least a DLC cost. If the work is a complete re-write of the game, then that sounds like a whole new project and its cost should reflect that to. Maybe the $19.99 that the original game charged when it was new. That is of course my opinion.
Yep, I totally agree on that. AI War is a niche game. I bet AIW2 (or "remastered" or "second wave" or "reprisal") won't do a massive AAA launch, but will rather widen the community on the long run. Main customers for AIW2 are AIW1 players. I feel a price between $15 and $20 even for those that already own AIW1 is fair enough.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:09:17 am »
AI War with mod support.. *drools*
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:45 pm »
Anyway, I'd say an update is worth at least a DLC cost. If the work is a complete re-write of the game, then that sounds like a whole new project and its cost should reflect that to. Maybe the $19.99 that the original game charged when it was new. That is of course my opinion.
Yep, I totally agree on that. AI War is a niche game. I bet AIW2 (or "remastered" or "second wave" or "reprisal") won't do a massive AAA launch, but will rather widen the community on the long run. Main customers for AIW2 are AIW1 players. I feel a price between $15 and $20 even for those that already own AIW1 is fair enough.
That could work, certainly.  GOG.com offers AIWar "Complete Collection" for $16.99.  And no, that's not a sale price.  A rerelease with updated interface and mod support, with all that DLC built in, would easily sell for $20 or more, so $15 for owners of the old version would be quite fair.

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 05:49:18 pm »
I'd prefer an Arcen subscription that billed monthly and included all new games as they came out.  Patreon, basically.  Feels like a better fit for the hardcore ongoing support model I love so much about you guys.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 05:10:54 am »
I'd prefer an Arcen subscription that billed monthly and included all new games as they came out.  Patreon, basically.  Feels like a better fit for the hardcore ongoing support model I love so much about you guys.
What about long runs without new game releases? What about "finally no" stories like SBR? I think it would be a big constraint for Arcen, and I believe they have more freedom as they currently are. (I'm not speaking in their name, though. I just think...)

However, I would happily give a small monthly support on patreon or something "for free", on top of buying all Arcen's new games. However I doubt it would be a big something for Arcen. I think the current system is fine, but let's hear what Chris has to say about that.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 08:08:17 am »
You'd never get that to sell though, and it's generally bad practice to sell things sight unseen.

That doesn't stop AAA publishers from having their Season Pass nonsense of course...
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 10:55:41 am »
The way I see something like that is that I'd be alright channeling a few dollariedoos towards a company that does things I like and I want them to keep doing things I like.  I'm patreoning like a dozen artists at this point, only $1-$5 a month (mostly $1), but it's the token gesture that combined with 400 other people doing the same thing gives them enough of an income to not have to worry about day-to-day costs.

Sure, it'd be harder for a game studio that way, less frequent releases for a piece of content worth much more.  But I can see the appeal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk