Author Topic: AI War: The Light of the Spire Expansion Now Available as Game Hits Version 5.0  (Read 98643 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Like I will be if the beta does not come out this weekend. ;)
We might take that as a dare ;)

With the steam release of 5.0 on Monday it may really make sense to wait until after that, otherwise when steam pushes out the automatic 5.0 update it could overwrite a 5.001 steam install.  Which wouldn't really hurt much, you just re-update, but it could lead to a sudden flood of support issues when people are suddenly not able to load their 5.001 saves because they've been bumped back to 5.0.

Well, you were warned. RAAAAAAAGE!!!  >:(

Na, I'm kidding. That is actually a good consideration that I didn't think of. I will accept that as an good reason for another delay. ;)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Like I will be if the beta does not come out this weekend. ;)
We might take that as a dare ;)

With the steam release of 5.0 on Monday it may really make sense to wait until after that, otherwise when steam pushes out the automatic 5.0 update it could overwrite a 5.001 steam install.  Which wouldn't really hurt much, you just re-update, but it could lead to a sudden flood of support issues when people are suddenly not able to load their 5.001 saves because they've been bumped back to 5.0.

Well, you were warned. RAAAAAAAGE!!!  >:(

Na, I'm kidding. That is actually a good consideration that I didn't think of. I will accept that as an good reason for another delay. ;)
Glad to hear it.  *Amends ninja request form by checking the "tranquilizer only, please" box

I'm actually chomping at the bit to get 5.001 out too, as I can't really iterate on the balance changes until y'all can tell me how it feels.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
I will definitely do it next week. Thanks to Friday, my inbox is significantly less insane. Still lots of things that I've been putting off far too long, but fewer critical ones. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
I will definitely do it next week. Thanks to Friday, my inbox is significantly less insane. Still lots of things that I've been putting off far too long, but fewer critical ones. ;)

Good to know. Thanks to that assurance, I will now postpone my nagging for a while.  ;D

Offline Red Spot

• Sr. Member Mark III
If your inbox feels to empty, we could help you with that ..  ::)

Offline c4sc4

Apparently you can activate you LotS keys on Steam now even thought they don't have it in the store yet.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Apparently you can activate you LotS keys on Steam now even thought they don't have it in the store yet.

Thanks for the tip. I just did that.

Hang on, does that mean Steam is now pushing 5.0?
Time to test.
*Starts making copy of AI war folder*

*Asks steam to revert game cache files*

*Starts up. AI war says its version 4.021*

Drat. Not yet.

*Deletes downgraded copy, renames the 5.0 copy to be the main folder*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:04:24 pm by techsy730 »

Offline Pathalone

No Steam yet?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
No Steam yet?

*Remembering that editing a post does not bump it or send notifications*

Nope, 5.0 is not on Steam yet, even though the LotS licensing is. Doesn't look like you can buy it from them yet, only register a preexisting key.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:18:22 pm by techsy730 »

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
I was able to register the key so I'm happy. 

But yea, the expansion itself isn't available for sale yet. 

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Red Spot

• Sr. Member Mark III
Doesn't look like you can buy it from them yet, only register a preexisting key.

It is that you said you could, else I would really not looked so good to actually go into general game options to 'register a product'.

Offline Malibu Stacey

LotS is up for purchase on Steam now (at 10% off too so £6.29 instead of £6.99).
AI War is also on 50% discount (£5.99 instead of £11.99).

Not sure if the game updates are available for download yet. The news item for the update isn't up but that lags behind actual update releases even for VALVe games like TF2 so it could be & I just can't see it downloading yet.

Offline Zhaine

• Jr. Member Mark II
On steam at last! Happy days :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Yep, just showed up on the front page for me too, happy days :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Zhaine

• Jr. Member Mark II
So. . . purchased LotS on Steam, Steam downloads 150mb update for AI War.

Launch AI War and it still shows 4.021 or whatever the old version was.

Download the official update from inside AI War, install and restart.

Launch AI War and register new LotS key (works fine).

Don't know what the hell Steam download the first time around, but it works now at least!

Will be pestering friends to get into this now  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk