Author Topic: AI War: The Light of the Spire Expansion Now Available as Game Hits Version 5.0  (Read 98668 times)

Offline Zeba

• Grumpy Olde Man
techsy must be an eve player.  ;D

Actually, no I am not. I don't even know what stereotype of eve players you are making fun of. ???
The being rude and pushy stereotype. Its ok. I know your just curious along with the rest of us but we always like to fish for fellow members on foreign forums whenever possible. Not that denying you play eve is a valid defence. ;)

/tinfoil

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Oh, that is with him taking at least 75% of the load.  In the past, sometimes doing an official release would mean I wouldn't be able to do much other work for a solid two weeks after the game came out.  The fact that we've gotten so much done with AVWW in this time period with so much else going on is unprecedented, and is all thanks to Erik.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Oh, that is with him taking at least 75% of the load.  In the past, sometimes doing an official release would mean I wouldn't be able to do much other work for a solid two weeks after the game came out.  The fact that we've gotten so much done with AVWW in this time period with so much else going on is unprecedented, and is all thanks to Erik.

Well, I'm glad he's contributing so much. With how tight I'm sure your budget it, you need to get every cents worth of work out of everyone. From the comparison you made, it sounds like he doing that and more.   :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Yep, you bet.  We have to have exactly the right staff using exactly the right tools at exactly the right time to get our stuff done at the moment.  So far it's going swimmingly.  Knock on wood. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Zeba

• Grumpy Olde Man
If I wasn't so in love of the current build I would troll you.

Saying that plx make parasites geif me many ships kkthnx.

Offline Panopticon

Actually, no I am not. I don't even know what stereotype of eve players you are making fun of. ???
The being rude and pushy stereotype. Its ok. I know your just curious along with the rest of us but we always like to fish for fellow members on foreign forums whenever possible. Not that denying you play eve is a valid defence. ;)

/tinfoil

This guy right here is a spy.

Offline Zeba

• Grumpy Olde Man
Quote from: Panopticon link
Not on this alt.  :-*

Offline Zhaine

• Jr. Member Mark II
Quote from: Panopticon link
Not on this alt.  :-*

Hah, oh god I'm getting flashbacks from the old Eve O forums ;D

Community used to be one of the more polite and well mannered amongst MMOs back in my day, but kinda went downhill as the player base expanded and with the arrival of Goons and the dev cheat scandal etc. One of the reasons I left :-[

Glad to see the game's still doing well though. And no you can't have my stuff (not that it would be worth much now I'm sure).

Um, back on topic! Can't wait for LotS to hit steam on Monday, if that is indeed still the plan?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Yep, LotS should be on Steam on Monday!

Offline Zhaine

• Jr. Member Mark II

Excellent, next week will be fun :)

Offline ShadowOTE

Nice!

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!

About time!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V

/tinfoil

You'll know when I am being rude and pushy.

Like I will be if the beta does not come out this weekend. ;)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
We might take that as a dare ;)

With the steam release of 5.0 on Monday it may really make sense to wait until after that, otherwise when steam pushes out the automatic 5.0 update it could overwrite a 5.001 steam install.  Which wouldn't really hurt much, you just re-update, but it could lead to a sudden flood of support issues when people are suddenly not able to load their 5.001 saves because they've been bumped back to 5.0.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Zeba

• Grumpy Olde Man
We might take that as a dare ;)

With the steam release of 5.0 on Monday it may really make sense to wait until after that, otherwise when steam pushes out the automatic 5.0 update it could overwrite a 5.001 steam install.  Which wouldn't really hurt much, you just re-update, but it could lead to a sudden flood of support issues when people are suddenly not able to load their 5.001 saves because they've been bumped back to 5.0.
Plus it give you extra time to make sure parasites geif me moar ships.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk