Author Topic: AI War: The Light of the Spire Expansion Now Available as Game Hits Version 5.0  (Read 98662 times)

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
Re: AI Spire Shield Guard Post
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 03:25:11 am »
"AI Spire Shield Guard Post Mark..." supposed to exist in the licensed base game 5.0?

Yes.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2011, 08:59:52 am »
"AI Spire Shield Guard Post Mark..." supposed to exist in the licensed base game 5.0? I have the expansions installed, but have not purchased licenses for those yet. They are deactivated in my game and were deactivated when I started it. Just noticed that.
Yes, just like the "Spire Starship" unit that's been in the game since before the first expansion.  These guard posts were added later, but are part of the base game.

There's also a few Zenith and Neinzul units that are base-game.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Not Sure

• Emergent
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 09:07:05 am »
"AI Spire Shield Guard Post Mark..." supposed to exist in the licensed base game 5.0? I have the expansions installed, but have not purchased licenses for those yet. They are deactivated in my game and were deactivated when I started it. Just noticed that.
Yes, just like the "Spire Starship" unit that's been in the game since before the first expansion.  These guard posts were added later, but are part of the base game.

There's also a few Zenith and Neinzul units that are base-game.
Thanks for the heads up.
"Hold on a sec, I just started to take this planet..."

Offline fbgbt

• Newbie Mark II
Any idea when Spire is hitting Steam?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff

Yes -- I have heard back from them now. Looks like LotS and 5.0 will be coming on the 14th to steam. It's a ways off, I know, but at least it's a concrete date now! Thats just what worked with their schedule, given that I couldn't tell them in advance when the stuff would be ready. They were all ready to go two weeks ago, and then we hit that desync issue and missed that window; now other games are keeping them busy.

Anyway, so don't be mad at steam, it's as much my fault as theirs. Most devs leave a lot of lag time between finishing a product and releasing it for this very reason. But I always want to get it into players' hands as soon as possible, you know me. That has a lot of plusses, but it's also hard on our distributors, particularly when we run into an unexpected last minute delay (I believe this was the first that was THAT last minute, though).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:39:51 am by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
Just in time for Valentine's Day!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Indeed!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
On the wall is a comic strip of a computer, a man, and a very angry woman.  The man is sitting at the computer.  The woman is glaring at the man.  The man is saying "but honey, it's co-op!".  The woman is striking down the man.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
On the wall is a comic strip of a computer, a man, and a very angry woman.  The man is sitting at the computer.  The woman is glaring at the man.  The man is saying "but honey, it's co-op!".  The woman is striking down the man.

The computer is burning.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Alternatively: The woman is now sitting at the computer.

;D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Looking at an engraving of an elephant? :)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
feb the 14th.... still long to wait lol, darn it :D
ah well, at least now I won't have to look on steam every hour to see if the expansion is there yet lol

Offline fbgbt

• Newbie Mark II
Heh, it's good to know that a date's been set, thanks!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
You bet!

Offline Colonel J

• Newbie Mark III

Yes -- I have heard back from them now. Looks like LotS and 5.0 will be coming on the 14th to steam. It's a ways off, I know, but at least it's a concrete date now!

We must remember too that Steam is run by Valve, who operate on Valve Time  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk