Author Topic: AI War: The Light of the Spire Expansion Now Available as Game Hits Version 5.0  (Read 98756 times)

Offline c4sc4

Ooh, I love the LotS title music, so awesome.

Offline warwon

meh I'm not waiting.

I bought the new exp pack.

installed the exp pack on my steam install, updated to 5.0.

Added all my cd keys, worked like a charm.

Thanks guys.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Thanks for the support :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline getter77

• Jr. Member Mark II
Wait, so just to be clear, those of us that pre-ordered and kept with the auto-updater up to and including now being on 5.0 need to download the LoS standalone and install it into the our existing AI War directory and just re-enter our serials again to get the fresh ingame music right?   ???
The Roguelike Guy...also hopefully an overall skilled developer as time rolls on.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Wait, so just to be clear, those of us that pre-ordered and kept with the auto-updater up to and including now being on 5.0 need to download the LoS standalone and install it into the our existing AI War directory and just re-enter our serials again to get the fresh ingame music right?   ???
That's correct, the auto-updates never included the music (it's quite a lot of bandwidth).  The LotS installer includes the music.

Edit: sorry, didn't notice the part about the serial numbers, you won't have to re-enter those.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:38:09 pm by keith.lamothe »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Wait, so just to be clear, those of us that pre-ordered and kept with the auto-updater up to and including now being on 5.0 need to download the LoS standalone and install it into the our existing AI War directory and just re-enter our serials again to get the fresh ingame music right?   ???

Except you shouldn't have to renter your serial numbers. That data is not overridden by a re-install. At least it didn't for me when I did it.

Offline c4sc4

Except you shouldn't have to renter your serial numbers. That data is not overridden by a re-install. At least it didn't for me when I did it.
Yeah, even after I installed both the original AI War (I got too eager on the download page and downloaded the wrong thing) and LotS over my steam version, I didn't have to reenter serials.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:08:29 pm by c4sc4 »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Yea, as long as your (ai war path)/RuntimeData/settings.dat file is unchanged (and the installer won't touch it), your serial number info is still there.

Offline getter77

• Jr. Member Mark II
Right on, seem to have it all situated now---heard a new track on opening so that must mean it all worked out.  Thanks for the clarification!

(That...and I spent the last few minutes scratching my head when it wasn't working...ya know...before it dawned on me that I'd accidentally installed it into the old AI War 3.0 folder I still had sitting on the drive for some insane reason.   :P  )
The Roguelike Guy...also hopefully an overall skilled developer as time rolls on.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
Yea, as long as your (ai war path)/RuntimeData/settings.dat file is unchanged (and the installer won't touch it), your serial number info is still there.

I just installed mine, and the new music is AWESOME. Further reinforcing my opinion that LotS is the best expansion out of all 3.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
I agree with everyone about the music. I especially like how many of the songs have a shared motif, oftentimes the one introduced in their respective expansion's title theme. However, even with these shared parts, they still sound like different songs. Pablo, if you still visit these forums, I applaud your skill. :)

Offline Panopticon

I've been playing a Fallen Spire/Roaming Neinzul Enclave/Dyson Sphere game though the day. Intense. So intense. And I haven't even run into the Dyson Sphere yet. I love how you guys implemented the Fallen Spire faction.

So I just wanted to stop by and say that this is the best, smoothest release of an AI War update and expansion I've seen yet. So congratulations to Arcen, you guys are amazing, and especially the core community that worked so hard on testing and making suggestions. All the hard work and love shows.

Offline mecharm

• Newbie Mark II
* mecharm raises cup in honour of Arcen

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Thanks everyone, glad to hear y'all are enjoying it :)

I love how you guys implemented the Fallen Spire faction.
I had a lot of fun writing it :)  It will probably see a bit of refinement fairly soon since some folks found it sufficiently "grindy" that they didn't want to play it a second time; I just didn't realize that was still a common feeling until it was too late in the dev cycle to change much.  So if you have any particular feedback on what you liked and didn't like about it, that could be very helpful.

Offline Not Sure

• Emergent
AI Spire Shield Guard Post
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 01:51:59 am »
"AI Spire Shield Guard Post Mark..." supposed to exist in the licensed base game 5.0? I have the expansions installed, but have not purchased licenses for those yet. They are deactivated in my game and were deactivated when I started it. Just noticed that.
"Hold on a sec, I just started to take this planet..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk