Author Topic: AI War: The Light of the Spire Expansion Now Available as Game Hits Version 5.0  (Read 98681 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
So. . . purchased LotS on Steam, Steam downloads 150mb update for AI War.

Launch AI War and it still shows 4.021 or whatever the old version was.

Download the official update from inside AI War, install and restart.

Launch AI War and register new LotS key (works fine).

I can confirm this. Steam is still pushing out 4.021, despite the fact that they are selling Light of the Spire. This is kind of a big deal.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:58:37 pm by techsy730 »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Ack.  Trying to figure out what's going on.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
I sure hope it isn't something like Valve misunderstanding you and thinking you were only pushing a DLC instead of a DLC AND a new major version.

And then tell you they need two more weeks again to get the major version pushed.  :o

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
I've seen them put up normal updates (like the last Tidalis official version) the same day we asked, actually, iirc.  Anyway, we'll see.  I can't seem to get steam's forums to let me in, if someone could make a post over there explaining the following that would be great:

1) Steam's version of AI War is currently 4.021 (at the time of this writing).  The current official version of AI War is 5.0, and that is supposed to be on steam now but there may have been some confusion or holdup, etc.
2) Light of the Spire doesn't show up if you're running version 4.021.  It does show up fine if you're running 5.0.
3) If you're running into this problem then use the in-game updater, it can bring you up to 5.0 and you can then play LotS.
4) Sorry for the inconvenience, we don't know what happened, we'll try to figure it out as soon as we can.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
I can't seem to get steam's forums to let me in...

Oh no, its begun! Valve has finally been payed off by the big name companies, and is thus locking the accounts of all the indie developers.

;)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Oh no, its begun! Valve has finally been payed off by the big name companies
That would be rather like bribing Scrooge McDuck ;)  During a swim.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
More seriously though. I guess Chris will check it out whenever he get off of...whatever he is usually doing this time of day?

Offline Malibu Stacey

I got a bit burned out keeping up with the bleeding edge versions during the 5.0 development so I thought I'd take a break from AI War until 5.0 came out.

Now I just looked at the post-5.0 release notes & I don't want to play until the next beta is out  :(

My name's Malibu Stacey & I'm a update addict.

Offline Otagan

My name's Malibu Stacey & I'm a update addict.

Hi, Stacey.  Welcome to the club.

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
if someone could make a post over there explaining the following

Wish I could, but the Steam Forums are right up there competing with the WoW Forums for worst community ever. Since it doesn't use the default steam login (never could figure out why they did it that way) I have never been able to bring myself to sign up for that cesspool of madness and angry 12-year-olds. Hopefully someone here has a working login, though.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
if someone could make a post over there explaining the following

Wish I could, but the Steam Forums are right up there competing with the WoW Forums for worst community ever. Since it doesn't use the default steam login (never could figure out why they did it that way) I have never been able to bring myself to sign up for that cesspool of madness and angry 12-year-olds. Hopefully someone here has a working login, though.

I just registered, think I should brave the wilderness and risk a post?

Offline c4sc4

I've seen them put up normal updates (like the last Tidalis official version) the same day we asked, actually, iirc.  Anyway, we'll see.  I can't seem to get steam's forums to let me in, if someone could make a post over there explaining the following that would be great:

1) Steam's version of AI War is currently 4.021 (at the time of this writing).  The current official version of AI War is 5.0, and that is supposed to be on steam now but there may have been some confusion or holdup, etc.
2) Light of the Spire doesn't show up if you're running version 4.021.  It does show up fine if you're running 5.0.
3) If you're running into this problem then use the in-game updater, it can bring you up to 5.0 and you can then play LotS.
4) Sorry for the inconvenience, we don't know what happened, we'll try to figure it out as soon as we can.

I made the post.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Just a note to say that I got in touch with Valve this morning.  It ought to be resolvable today, as they showed me a beta version a few weeks ago that had 5.0 and everything.  So I think that just part of the content got pushed.  That 150mb that it downloads for folks is Light of the Spire, so there's no problem there.  It's just missing another 10mb or so for the updated binaries, which includes all the code since 4.021.

They are on Pacific Time, so it's not yet 9am for them.  But with luck it will be a simple thing when they get in.  Yesterday was Valentines and so I was out with my wife in the evening, and didn't see this stuff until I arrived back in the morning.  The beta had been fine weeks ago, so I didn't expect a last minute snag like this, go figure.  First time for everything, and naturally it's when I'm not at my desk. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
c4sc4: Many thanks for posting that over there, hopefully it will short-circuit any brewing "it's not working!!" situations :)

First time for everything, and naturally it's when I'm not at my desk. ;)
Yea, I must say I was quite impressed by the timing of that particular surgical strike ;)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Indeed. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk