Author Topic: AI War Classic Official 8.024 Patch Released! (And AI War II kickstarter!)  (Read 21603 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Original: http://arcengames.com/ai-war-classic-official-8-024-patch-released/

Bugfixes and an AI War II kickstarter notice on the main menu.  The release notes cover the details, and we hope that you enjoy those fixes. :)

We also hope you'll stop by the campaign for AI War II and see if you think it's worth your time and/or money.  We are having an exceedingly hard time reaching our existing players for AI War Classic -- of which we need only about 3% to actually back the kickstarter -- and as such, our kickstarter is stalling.

We have a variety of ways in which we're working on pulling out of the stall, but by far the best option is getting the message out to people who would directly be interested.  Hopefully that includes you if you're reading this, but please also spread the word to other players you know who might have missed this!

Best,
Chris Park
Founder and Lead Designer, Arcen Games
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Joe

Is it possible to send out Steam notifications to everyone with AI War?  I imagine not everyone who bought and enjoyed AI War is actively playing currently.  It may require having an official group for that, though.  I know I regularly get notifications from Overkill about Payday 2 updates, events, and DLCs, but it might be because I'm in that group.

Offline jenya

• Newbie Mark III
Better late than never, I guess. The thing which should have been done a month before kickstarter (practically at the moment when the announcement was made for an incoming event), is done more than a week after the start.

Kind of invalidates an argument "can't reach our fanbase because have a middleman".

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Is it possible to send out Steam notifications to everyone with AI War?  I imagine not everyone who bought and enjoyed AI War is actively playing currently.  It may require having an official group for that, though.  I know I regularly get notifications from Overkill about Payday 2 updates, events, and DLCs, but it might be because I'm in that group.

I really wish it was possible!  But I've talked to Valve a lot about various options in the last few days, and they've basically said it is not.  I think the other thing with Overkill must be because of their group or something like that.

Better late than never, I guess. The thing which should have been done a month before kickstarter (practically at the moment when the announcement was made for an incoming event), is done more than a week after the start.

I felt very uncomfortable doing this in general, as we've never put advertising in our games in general before.  I didn't think we'd have so much trouble reaching our fanbase, and in general based on steam stats for players per week and so forth, we're not exactly missing out on a goldmine with a game this old.  Having lots of customers and players is not the same as all of them booting up the game every month; a lot of them I presume would be excited about a sequel specifically because they've had their fill of the first one.

Kind of invalidates an argument "can't reach our fanbase because have a middleman.

Wow the negativity.  I don't think the two are all that related.  We've done a variety of things like message all the forum members, etc, right from nearer to the start.  And lots of announcements on the steam side, and over here, and so forth for a while now.  Just hadn't invaded the games themselves prior to this.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline CaptainTaz

• Bottlenecks are life. Literally.
Getting my parents to pledge in the morning! In the meantime, I'm totally booting up the old game and playing it again with my new comp. Really hopeful for this release!
Just that guy who hides behind walls of death hoping that they stay up.

Offline Staredown

Re: AI War Classic Official 8.024 Patch Released! (And AI War II kickstarter!)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 05:15:19 pm »
So the kickstarter is over and the game is out.

Cool.

Any chance we can get that kickstarter ad off the main menu now? Because I've kinda been waiting... oh years... at this point for that to be patched back out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk