Author Topic: AI War Beta 7.017 "Ominous Rumblings" Released!  (Read 7215 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 7.017 "Ominous Rumblings" Released!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 03:38:20 pm »
Thanks for looking into that and posting the logs, it's one of those things where anecdotal evidence wouldn't be clear enough.

There's a max number of starships per planet so it wouldn't keep that up forever.  But I guess it would probably keep it up for a while.

In general it makes no attempt to avoid overdraft, as otherwise the larger stuff would never get bought.  But it has to pay it back before it gets more ships (before that rule was added you could get a spire blade spawner added to every guard post on an extremely small budget, etc).

In this case I probably need to make the starship budget separate again, possibly shared with guardians so it's not just a straight buff.  That will probably mean it just gets to buy one each entire reinforcement cycle, but then it won't get in the way of fleet ships.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 06:13:27 am »
Yeeeah... The new reinforcement code is much more fond of starships than I remember. 

Also, aren't Riot Control starships supposed to be Human-only?  Just had one show up in AI hands.  Not sure what generated it; could have been a Threatening Eye, could have been a counter-attack exo from blowing up a core guardpost. 

Now I'm wishing I had higher mark Military Command Stations on my choke points.  They'd be feasting on scrap right now. 

I have to credit the renewed updates and especially the new salvage/reprisal mechanic for getting me back into this game.  I'd gotten bogged down on the first homeworld assault in my vanilla campaign and taken a break for months. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:31:38 am by tadrinth »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 09:49:38 am »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk