Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.014-6.015 "De-Faulting The Logic" Released!  (Read 5193 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 6.014-6.015 "De-Faulting The Logic" Released!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 04:26:24 pm »
You also gave each individual starship a big buff, which most certainly does not work in my favor given the number of them in exos.
I'm guessing you mean a few versions ago; didn't buff them again in 6.014 :)  But I think you've been exo-less for a bit now and they're welcoming you back home to paintown.

They feel about right for 10/10, it's just that I was used to them before, where they didn't hurt nearly as much.
Glad to hear they're not slacking off so much up there anymore ;)  Let me know if the impression changes.  As we've discussed in the other thread the higher-point exos (from more cities in FS, or more AIP in golems/spirecraft) tend to increase in pain kind of slowly due to the higher tier units costing exponentially more than the lower ones.  To the point that the later exos don't keep up with the additional benefits you're getting (in FS's case at least), perhaps, though I dunno.

Some composition logs from those exos wouldn't go amiss either, if you should find them convenient to collect, as I added some instrumentation on what the relative-strength numbers would have been, compared to the exo-cost points.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »
I'm guessing you mean a few versions ago; didn't buff them again in 6.014  :)
Yeah, that's what I meant. Did you increase their exo costs at that time?

Some composition logs from those exos wouldn't go amiss either, if you should find them convenient to collect, as I added some instrumentation on what the relative-strength numbers would have been, compared to the exo-cost points.
Ah, sorry, I don't have logs now. I'm enabling advanced logging now, should have them pretty soon.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »
I'm guessing you mean a few versions ago; didn't buff them again in 6.014  :)
Yeah, that's what I meant. Did you increase their exo costs at that time?
The Zenith and Spire ones have had their exo costs increased twice, which means they cost like 2.5 or 4x as much as they used to, I forget.  The others stayed the same since their DPS came down, though that does mean more total HPs in an exo generally.

There's also the availability of the mkIV/mkV versions, which are probably better deals than the other stuff the AI can pick for those tiers.

Ah, sorry, I don't have logs now. I'm enabling advanced logging now, should have them pretty soon.
If it's convenient; not like it's your job to give me data on Arcen's game ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:13 pm »
If it's convenient; not like it's your job to give me data on Arcen's game ;)

Some reverse psychology going on here :p
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 10:33:22 pm »
Have a problem with the 6.015 cloak boosting.  It causes everything being cloaked to flicker in and out of cloak.  Standing still, moving, through wormholes or not, doesn't matter.

i've attached a save where you can see this.  Load the save, and go to the Gence system.  There's a group of Spirecraft Siege Towers there, gathered around a Cloaker Starship.  Watch, amazed, as they flick in and out of sight!  Now you see them!  Now you don't!

This happens for everything that gets cloak boosted, by any source.  This was not a problem in 6.013.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 10:53:45 pm »
Interesting, wasn't able to get that to happen in my tests, but so it goes.  Will test with your case when I get a chance tomorrow.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »
Just realized that the new resource-conversion system (which is fantastic by the way) isn't converting one maxed resource into another. In that way, it's lost a lot of the old functionality of the old system.

For example, before if I had 999,999 metal and 500,000 crystal, it would convert the excess metal into crystal, which saved the player a lot of money. Now it doesn't do that anymore. Do you think you could add that functionality again?

Thanks.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11032
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 08:13:22 pm »
Just realized that the new resource-conversion system (which is fantastic by the way) isn't converting one maxed resource into another. In that way, it's lost a lot of the old functionality of the old system.

For example, before if I had 999,999 metal and 500,000 crystal, it would convert the excess metal into crystal, which saved the player a lot of money. Now it doesn't do that anymore. Do you think you could add that functionality again?

Thanks.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11032
It should already be doing that but probably there's another bug in the hamsters.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 08:33:47 pm »
I can give you a save if it would help...
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
I can give you a save if it would help...
Actually yes, in case it's some strange confluence of factors that would stubbornly refuse to conflow for my tests.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 10:21:19 pm »
Save attached.

And while you're looking at that, could you look at another one in the same game that's causing over 100 allied minor faction units to sit on an empty planet and do nothing?

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11033

Thank you.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 09:14:03 am »
Since I upgraded to 6.015, I've seen some errors in the AIErrors.txt and ArcenDebugLog.txt files, mostly relating to null references.
This seems to be in the AIRouting.FindDistancesFromPlanets method.  I've attached the files so you can see for yourself.

These errors do not appear ingame, and do not appear to have any practical effect on gameplay.  Never would have noticed if I hadn't happened to check those two files for content.

Offline Dichotomy

• Jr. Member Mark III
  • Fan of Summer Glau
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »
Fixed a bug where, in some cases, the AI would hack your financial information and use the money to hire assassins.
Thanks to the families of various players for letting us know.
I think updating to 6.016 just became a priority ;D
You are all insane. In. Sane. No argument.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:11 pm »
Fixed a bug where, in some cases, the AI would hack your financial information and use the money to hire assassins.
Thanks to the families of various players for letting us know.
I think updating to 6.016 just became a priority ;D
Very funny, Faulty.

Coincidentally, the AI's target priotization logic for that subroutine places high value on unauthorized edits to the release notes.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04:31 pm »
Very funny, Faulty.

Coincidentally, the AI's target priotization logic for that subroutine places high value on unauthorized edits to the release notes.
I would have taken it down myself around midnight. So it would only have been up for april fools day
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:28:56 pm by Faulty Logic »
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk