Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.014-6.015 "De-Faulting The Logic" Released!  (Read 5201 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War Beta 6.014-6.015 "De-Faulting The Logic" Released!
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:05:51 pm »
(Crossposted from this blog post)

This one is a relatively small release focusing on balance issues and fixing a few bugs introduced in recent versions.  We also addressed some of the longstandingly high-voted mantis issues.

There would be more but we've been working hard on another project (that we might drop some hints on tomorrow, we'll see).  Of course it's not another apparatus designed to deliver a "you lose!" experience to players.  We'd never do that.

Update: 6.015 hotfix to fix some exo and cloaking bugs in 6.014 that could cause significant problems.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have 4.000 or later. When you launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.  If you don't have 4.000 or later, you can download that here.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:42:17 pm by keith.lamothe »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: AI War Beta 6.014 "De-Faulting The Logic" Released!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »
There would be more but we've been working hard on another project (that we might drop some hints on tomorrow, we'll see).
*assortedcuriousnoises*

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »
:D.

here would be more but we've been working hard on another project
Still in AIWar though, right?

Would have done this for human home command stations too, but inevitably someone would get overwhelmed by an electric shuttle wave and then file a bug report when said shuttles just kind of stared helplessly at the human home command station.
But I thought immune to AoE doesn't protect against being directly targeted, so that couldn't happen. Besides, how could electric shuttles possibly overwhelm anyone?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:57:47 pm by Faulty Logic »
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:31:49 pm »
Hmm anti-starship guard posts were quite.. powerful and they were still buffed?
Poor starships....

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »
Actually the Anti-Starship were less painful than Missile Guard Posts for Starships.  So Anti-SS got buffed, Missile GP got nerfed.  It's a good day to be a Starship overall, consider Anti-SS are seeded much less often.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »
Actually the Anti-Starship were less painful than Missile Guard Posts for Starships.  So Anti-SS got buffed, Missile GP got nerfed.  It's a good day to be a Starship overall, consider Anti-SS are seeded much less often.
Yep, I'd actually been really conservative with the anti-starship post's dps in the first go because the raw numbers looked terrifying, but feedback indicated it needed more and that the missile post was just brutal.  So here you go :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:59:04 pm »
But I thought immune to AoE doesn't protect against being directly targeted
I actually didn't test it, but iirc that only applies to things which actually fire a projectile which in turn actually hits some ship before going off aoe-style.  Or things which are the projectile (autobombs, warheads, etc) assuming they detonate by right-click-attacking rather than just scrapping.  But shuttles just zap in your general direction.

Besides, how could electric shuttles possibly overwhelm anyone?
I was wondering that myself.

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:57 pm »
Besides, how could electric shuttles possibly overwhelm anyone?
I was wondering that myself.

You've never seen a 1500 strong mono-wave of electric shuttles have you? I won't say it overwhelmed me, but I lost a lot more of my defenses then I expected.

(This is long enough ago that they did not carrier combine, I was facing them all at once.)

D.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »
You've never seen a 1500 strong mono-wave of electric shuttles have you?
Ouch.  At least, I haven't in a long time.

How long did it take them to do a full alpha with the enforced delay between firing?  Or were there so many that the first firing shuttles were done reloading before the last shuttle could fire and it was just a continuous ball of lightning?

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:09 pm »
I actually can't remember, we are talking a long time ago here.

It might even have been before the enforce firing delay was added. (That was only added in about 5.020 right?)

Still, I don't think anything Mk I survived, I remember my fleet ball swooping in and then being hidden behind all the health bars.  :o

D.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 03:28:30 pm »
But I thought immune to AoE doesn't protect against being directly targeted
I actually didn't test it, but iirc that only applies to things which actually fire a projectile which in turn actually hits some ship before going off aoe-style.  Or things which are the projectile (autobombs, warheads, etc) assuming they detonate by right-click-attacking rather than just scrapping.  But shuttles just zap in your general direction.

Actually, I'm pretty sure lightning/armored warheads CAN be right clicked to detonate on a target, which would allow you to still hit the AI Home Command station.

Not sure myself, though.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »
Actually, I'm pretty sure lightning/armored warheads CAN be right clicked to detonate on a target, which would allow you to still hit the AI Home Command station.
No, it works as Keith intended. I just tested.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 03:35:36 pm »
I can see the TV advertisement now:

"Need to test something's resistance to warhead bombardment?

*BOOOOOOOOOM*

You know who to call."

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »
There is something missing in this beta.
FS attacks are quite shy. First wave came.. all others said that they are afraid and will hide behind Unhandled error.

See attachment for details.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 04:18:12 pm »
There is something missing in this beta.
FS attacks are quite shy. First wave came.. all others said that they are afraid and will hide behind Unhandled error.

See attachment for details.
Thanks, it was a problem in some logging code, I think.  Testing fix now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk