Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.006 "The Pain Train" Released!  (Read 14928 times)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
Re: AI War Beta 6.006 "The Pain Train" Released!
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
but, you could pump them out of spacedocks with spare metal?but uh.. a full cap dealing 4m damage seems a tad low, actually. That will almost kill a single starship.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
Based on the spreadsheet, a cap of Mark Is will do ~4 million damage.  A Mark I H/K has 100 million hp.  Full caps of marks I-IV Spire Mini Rams would do ~40 million damage in total.

"That's no moon..."

"... ok, how about we slam a moon into it?"
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:58 pm »
How does the Ravenous Shadow scenario play with the new player-ally roaming enclaves? Just increases their spawn rate?

Offline Bognor

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 12:19:37 am »
but, you could pump them out of spacedocks with spare metal?but uh.. a full cap dealing 4m damage seems a tad low, actually. That will almost kill a single starship.
Mm.  Just checked in-game at I see double the damage that the spreadsheet says, and the wiki says quadruple the damage of the spreadsheet.  I've never quite got my head around the way ship stats scale with unit caps, but these are all at the same cap.  Maybe it's about combat styles (epic/normal/blitz)?

Anyway, these also have the 0.001x multiplier versus Command-grade hulls, so they're useless against H/Ks.
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 01:18:09 am »
Oh. Of course hunterkillers are commandgrade.

Why would they be anything else..
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline contingencyplan

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:32 am »
Another quick question (would y'all rather I post these elsewhere, or strictly on Mantis?):

If I have extra champions (i.e., in the Player slots), is there a reason that the saved module loadouts are not shared between them? And is there a reason that I cannot select both champions and press Ctrl+M to enter the modules screen to change both their loadouts at once?

On-topic, I made sure to enable the Roaming Enclaves in my new game for awesome-happy-funtimes when the new change rolls out. This should be interesting. :) I see why y'all didn't like the old behavior, though - my girlfriend and I are playing an "intro" game* and finished the Ravenous Shadow mission. The couple Enclaves that got saved seemed nigh-suicidal in their desire to go attack enemy planets. :P

* Bought the game for her during the Ancient Shadows Steam sale. :) Right now she's just playing a Champion while learning what the different ships and buildings do, but she's very much enjoying herself so far.

BTW, we already have 2 pages of notes (mainly copy-editing --- she enjoys the activity, perhaps a bit too much :P) from the tutorials and the game that I'll post / add to Mantis when I get a chance, so consider this the "INCOMING!!!" warning.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:45 am »
Can I get a "w00t w00t" for allied enclaves?
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2012, 10:05:09 am »
Do the slight buffs the allied enclaves got (20000 radar dampening, OMD immunity, can pass through forcefields, etc) apply to the other enclaves as well? It seems like they should.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 10:06:57 am »
How does the Ravenous Shadow scenario play with the new player-ally roaming enclaves? Just increases their spawn rate?
The change doesn't impact the nebula scenario at all, because those are a different kind of enclave (but the reward enclaves you get from winning that one when CoN is enabled are the normal player-ally ones, and they will follow the new logic).

If I have extra champions (i.e., in the Player slots), is there a reason that the saved module loadouts are not shared between them?
Champion module upgrades are per-champion, so a template you save on one champion may contain module marks unavailable to another champion.  Also, if you're playing in multiplayer the other players may not want to see your templates when controlling their own champions.

And is there a reason that I cannot select both champions and press Ctrl+M to enter the modules screen to change both their loadouts at once?
Champion module upgrades are per-champion, so the list of templates and modules available to each champion could differ substantially, and it wouldn't really make sense to only show you the options available to both because you're going to want to put optimal gear on each.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2012, 10:18:39 pm »
Saw the notes about the buffs to the final exo-spawns of the Fallen Spire.
Are Motherships still the most durable ship, and Mk. V hunter killers still the highest DPS ship?

I sort of liked that lore wise.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:03 am »
Just to let you know, special forces were getting hung up on remains as well. Just in case the fix you made didn't apply to them as well.

Offline contingencyplan

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2012, 03:55:36 am »
As a quick bug report, the game unpauses when I use the Custom Search (Narrow). For my search query (just trying it out), I typed in "Orbital" and it unpaused the game as I did so. It doesn't always unpause from what I can tell, but it may be related to the number of "dropped" items from the list. I can experiment around a bit more if it'd be helpful.
That's really bizarre.  If you'd pressed "P" (or whatever, if you rebound the key) I could understand how it might bug that way, but not with what you listed.  I'll make a note to look at it, but if you could put it in mantis so I don't lose track, that'd help, thanks :)

Here go, sorry for the delay: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=9917

@Keith: I think I had an epiphany as far as this. It is the "P" key that is the problem --- the game is reading "P" as being both an event trigger (unpause) and a letter (for textbox / search).

I have my Linux keyboard layout as Dvorak, which places L (in "orbitaL" --- the defect trigger) in the location of the "P" key. Under normal circumstances, games (not just AIW) interpret key-presses according to QWERTY and text entry according to Dvorak, which works fine. In this case, it is interpreting the "P" key as both a keypress (i.e., event trigger) and a text entry (i.e., as an "L" in the Dvorak layout).

I tried the box with the QWERTY layout and pressed just "P" in the box. This caused the undesired unpause behavior as well. I can also attest that the behavior presents when using both the "Custom Search (Narrow)" and "Custom Search (Broad)" options.

Hope this helps (and I'll update the Mantis shortly) --- in short, everything worked fine till now, so I didn't even think about keyboard layout. ASS out of U and ME indeed.

Can anybody on a Windows system confirm, just in case it's a Linux / Wine-specific bug? (See previous about assumptions...)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:01:31 am by contingencyplan »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2012, 09:53:04 am »