Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.005 "Burning The Candle At Both Ends" Released!  (Read 24994 times)

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Re: AI War Beta 6.005 "Burning The Candle At Both Ends" Released!
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »
So increase the number of buttons to 17 and make a check on game start to make sure no-one has more than 8 HWs?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:56 pm »
So increase the number of buttons to 17 and make a check on game start to make sure no-one has more than 8 HWs?
The number of HWs isn't coming down at this stage.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2012, 06:12:33 pm »
What about an overflow tab that either appears only when you have too many bonus ships, or that straight up only appears if you have 8+ HWs at game start?

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2012, 06:42:21 pm »
What about an overflow tab that either appears only when you have too many bonus ships, or that straight up only appears if you have 8+ HWs at game start?
I figure keith was saying that wouldn't work when he said no to the dynamic extra tab idea on the last page.

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »
What about adding a second tab for overflow units? The max bonus ships you can get in a game without cheating is a finite number right? Max homeworlds+Max ARS. Can't you just put all bonus ships X to whatever the max is on a second page? Or does the Unity engine not allow that to be done trivially at all?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »
If you go back and look at that SS I posted with all the player owned fleet ships and look at the listing there, you'll see I have 25 bonus ship types outside of fabricators. Just because you haven't figured out how the build list is filled, doesn't mean it cuts you off from the ships you are allowed to build. Think outside the box :)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »
It's nothing to do with Unity, but our engine has no support for buy items not knowing which buy category (tab) they're part of.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline contingencyplan

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:37 pm »
If you go back and look at that SS I posted with all the player owned fleet ships and look at the listing there, you'll see I have 25 bonus ship types outside of fabricators. Just because you haven't figured out how the build list is filled, doesn't mean it cuts you off from the ships you are allowed to build. Think outside the box :)

Do you mean how the ships aren't really lost, so if you queue them up before they drop off the end of the list, they'll still be built?

Or are you referring to something more clever?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »

Do you mean how the ships aren't really lost, so if you queue them up before they drop off the end of the list, they'll still be built?

Or are you referring to something more clever?

That and a little something else :)
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »
Cinth, you should just tell us =D

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »
Cinth, you should just tell us =D

But what fun would that be lol.

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
Oh it would be all kinds of fun for us.

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2012, 11:53:20 pm »
Wow, not telling is kinda fun. I should try this more often!
Yes I do know what Cinth is talking about.

Offline contingencyplan

« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2012, 01:18:56 am »
Hm. I have an idea that I'll try next time I play (which probably won't be tonight - gotta get ready for class tomorrow and an exam on Wed).

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »
Opinionated post is opinionated.
Quite so. BUT one should also be aware that Cinth breaks the game in many ways :P

FTFY.