Author Topic: AI War Beta 6.002 "Better Than A Stick In The Eye" Released!  (Read 6500 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: AI War Beta 6.002 "Better Than A Stick In The Eye" Released!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »
Spammy Eye: Constantly taunts and berates all players in voice and in text when triggered.

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
Bacon Eye: Trigger eye, recieve bacon.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 05:28:47 pm »
Bacon Eye: Trigger eye, recieve bacon.

Hooray! *gives order to send in all my ships* *has realization* *pauses* *gives stop order*
Hang on, where is the AI going to get all that bacon?...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:43:27 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 05:32:25 pm »
You know, long pig.

Why do you think the destruction of settlements causes AIP increases?

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 07:16:45 pm »
Added "Core" variants of the Sentry, Raid, Threatening, Translocating, and Plasma eyes.
Wait, why would I care about threat appearing when I am attacking the freaking homeworlds? I don't think threatening belongs on the core list.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:17 pm »
Added "Core" variants of the Sentry, Raid, Threatening, Translocating, and Plasma eyes.
Wait, why would I care about threat appearing when I am attacking the freaking homeworlds? I don't think threatening belongs on the core list.

There are TWO AI homeworlds, and you can easily lose to threat given enough of it.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »
Yes, but it is unlikely that both will have threat eyes. I can attack the threat-eye HW last, and thus ignore an entire brutal post.

No new units for that part, actually, just using some of the ones that were already in the game that weren't being used by the hacking logic previously.
I suspect exo-logic was involved. This could get ugly.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:45:55 pm by Faulty Logic »
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »
No new units for that part, actually, just using some of the ones that were already in the game that weren't being used by the hacking logic previously.
I suspect exo-logic was involved.
Nope.
This could get ugly.
Yep.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »
"Added modular-fort versions of the following champion modules"

That is awesome sauce. To bad drone bays didn't make the list. I really wanted to see the Ninja mod fort (Neinzul with slicer bays).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »
"Added modular-fort versions of the following champion modules"

That is awesome sauce. To bad drone bays didn't make the list. I really wanted to see the Ninja mod fort (Neinzul with slicer bays).
Actually the drone bays did make it, I just didn't put them in the notes for some reason.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »
Now to eat cake.  :D
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
This update's gone and given me an idea that I might mantis maybe if it's actually a good idea.
I'm only on like 5 hours of sleep though, so...

Overseer: An AI with moderate strength and defense. Has at least one eye on most of its planets. This AI can mix in core eyes on mark IV planets, as well. Mark II and III planets can have multiple eyes of different types. Technologist.

Offline Labfiend

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »
First time posting, long time lurker.  Love you guys, been buying up gift copies during every sale to try to help support this level of involvement with the users.

Anyways, I'm sure you're sick of new eye ideas, but I had a couple:

Peacemaker Eye: Like the Ion Eye, but can target everything except for fleet ships.  It would be a treat for those that are sick of just using starships to take down Eye Worlds.

Viral Eye: Sort of a combination of Sentry Eye and Parasite Eye as far as functionality, this one would start releasing Neinzul Viral Swarmers once triggered.  If you fail to stay under the threshold with this one, you could end up unleashing a zombie apocalypse of sorts.

Devourer Eye: When triggered, this one turns into a mini-cookie-monster.  Insta-kill melee-range attack with an average movement speed should turn the hunt for that last guard post into a frantic one.

Brainy Eye: When triggered, quickly starts leeching Knowledge from the planet, turning it directly into AI Progress at perhaps a 10K:1AIP ratio.  This one will hurt your endgame, making it very undesirable to just brute-force it.

Gravity Eye:
Not my idea, but I would love to see it.  When triggered, acts like a gravity drill that only affects human units or human-friendly units.

Anyway, thanks for making my favorite strategy game ever.  You guys rock! :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:45:46 pm by Labfiend »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2012, 11:50:01 pm »
Welcome to da forums!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 01:13:45 am »
The gravity eye sounds cool. The Brainy eye is interesting idea, but might need a more threatening-sounding name. Intelligence Eye or something.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.