Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.096-5.097 "Release Candidates 1-2" Released!  (Read 18787 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.096-5.097 "Release Candidates 1-2" Released!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:10 pm »
If you are going to fix the Spirecraft caps, now might be a good time.

Then again, only folks who are actively trying to cheese can take advantage of this, so it wouldn't be worth it if it were complicated to fix.
That's precisely why I'm not trying to fix it for 6.0, because I'm not intimately familiar with how it's trying to achieve its caps or how it might be safely fixed.  The simple workaround for the one not wanting to take advantage is "don't do it" :)

I'm also not 100% sure on what the proper behavior should be: sure, caps should be obeyed, but is it really acceptable for the player to be able to only get part of an asteroid's worth of ships in exchange for the whole rock?  Warnings and confirms could be used in theory, but in practice the situations that lead to overage are due to multiple parallel events happening, not tidily confined to when the player is actually issuing build orders.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:54 pm »
Erm.  I might be viable for the whole credits things but this is the first I'd heard about it.  Not sure what it all entails.   ???
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:49 pm »
Erm.  I might be viable for the whole credits things but this is the first I'd heard about it.  Not sure what it all entails.   ???
You rather exceed the bar, as do a great many folks since the last credits-harvest.

It only takes "3 non-bugfix suggestions that we use", iirc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »
You rather exceed the bar, as do a great many folks since the last credits-harvest.

It only takes "3 non-bugfix suggestions that we use", iirc.

Oh.  Well then.  Neat.   :D
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »
Fairly sure I qualify as well as of now.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »
Yes, I'm sure Josh will gather the list of victimswinners on his stroll through the release notes tomorrow morning :)

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 09:27:33 pm »
Yes, I'm sure Josh will gather the list of victimswinners on his stroll through the release notes tomorrow morning :)

At a quick glance in the release notes, my name showed up 13 times. And it certainly was interesting to learn that about 7 months after I started playing AI wars was when I started to appear in the change logs.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »

At a quick glance in the release notes, my name showed up 13 times. And it certainly was interesting to learn that about 7 months after I started playing AI wars was when I started to appear in the change logs.

Thanks for making me curious... I'm mentioned  :o. All since July 21.
forty-six times!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »
The new "upgrade to highest mark module" feature is cool, but I noticed it is currently only working for champion modules. Non-champ module stuff you still have to upgrade by hand.
Not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, just pointing it out.

Do you have to do something special (like "chain" seperate ship types together into a "Mark chain") to do this though? If so, then it can wait until post 6.0.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:46 pm »
The new "upgrade to highest mark module" feature is cool, but I noticed it is currently only working for champion modules. Non-champ module stuff you still have to upgrade by hand.
Not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, just pointing it out.

Do you have to do something special (like "chain" seperate ship types together into a "Mark chain") to do this though? If so, then it can wait until post 6.0.
Yea, there's a fair bit of grunt work involved.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AI War Beta 5.096 "Release Candidate 1" Released!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 11:17:36 pm »
If Volatar can fall through the cracks, then that's a clear sign that anyone can.  He's been a huge supporter for a really long time.

I'm already in, due to my help with...Light of the Spire, IIRC.
Still not sure I achieved three implemented non-bug changes, though.
Doesn't matter a whole lot to me.  You guys (all of you, devs, forumites, all yall) are great.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 11:25:01 pm »
Doesn't matter a whole lot to me.  You guys (all of you, devs, forumites, all yall) are great.
Careful, everyone, a velociraptor is most often nice just before it eats you.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »
Oh, oh, am I a winner too!  I like winning.  The AI doesn't like to cooperate though, so sometimes I don't win.

Offline rabican

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:59 am »
Previously, when your ships exploded anywhere in the galaxy it played the same audio cue. Now if they are on a different planet from your view, it plays a much more muted, distant-sounding, quieter explosion sound effect. And there was much rejoicing.

Somewhat related suggestion : could suicide ships (neinzull doomshroom, miniram, autobomb) not make any sound when dying? Don't think ship that is supposed to die dying needs any sort of notification

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:58 am »
Careful, everyone, a velociraptor is most often nice just before it eats you.

* Draco18s eyes Keith carefully.