Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.040-5.041 Reenergized  (Read 9342 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.040-5.041 Reenergized
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 02:34:44 pm »
Did the syntax for the lobby scripts ever get simplified? I want to make a few scripts, but I don't want to have to puzzle it out, only to have it become outdated by next patch.
Yes, that's what I meant in the 5.036 patch notes with "* The rest of the "official" lobby setup scripts have been updated to use the new grammar. ", though I didn't follow up on the forums about it.

Won't have much time for that side of things personally until maybe september (probably october), but I think the example scripts should tell you most of what you need to know.  If you have specific questions I'm happy to answer when I get a chance :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »
Ah, didn't catch that. Thanks, Keith!

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 05:38:14 pm »
I think I am doing something wrong, but I can't get line mode to decreased the number of mines it going to place. I got the line set up, increased it just fine up to 181 mines, but I need 175, so when I right clicked the number to decreased it by 1 and it exited line mode.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug that I need to go throw on the tracker?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 05:49:11 pm »
I think I am doing something wrong, but I can't get line mode to decreased the number of mines it going to place. I got the line set up, increased it just fine up to 181 mines, but I need 175, so when I right clicked the number to decreased it by 1 and it exited line mode.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug that I need to go throw on the tracker?
Sorry, bug; I saw it while I was working on it too and meant to fix it but didn't.

A workaround for the time being:
1) Go to Settings
2) Click the View Controls button
3) Click the Context Menu Keys tab
4) From the dropdown pick... um, another bug ;)  The one that starts with "MISSING LOCALIZATION" ;)  It's just a missing string, no harm to the function.
5) On the "Line Place: Decrease Units To Place" line click the Edit button and define a key you want to press to decrement the count.  I suggest Alpha1 or something like that but in general this keybind can only fire when the line-place context menu is actually visible so don't worry about it getting in the way of other stuff.  I don't think the *5 and *10 modifiers work with it right now but you could get back down to 175 that way.
6) Save all that, then get back to the game, get to the line-place menu and use the key you just defined when you need to decrement the count.

Sorry about the sloppiness there, I'd gotten focused on getting the part I was thinking about working and missed some stuff ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 09:44:40 pm »
Thanks for the shield bearer boost, but someone noticed an odd oversight, Spirecraft shields are not immune to insta-kill:P

In any case, things are looking awesome, thanks. And I'm excited about the Shadows expansion. :)

EDIT: Will there still be bugfix and minor balance patches until the first beta with the Ancient Shadows stuff in it?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:46:24 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 08:30:53 am »
Thanks for the shield bearer boost, but someone noticed an odd oversight, Spirecraft shields are not immune to insta-kill:P
Oups!
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:03 am »
Oh, and while you are taking a look at the invincible modules thing, could you also make them immune to armor boosting?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 11:10:48 am »
Er, I just checked, and they have the immune-to-insta-kill flag both in the code and in the game :)

That mantis record is asking for the flag for normal shield bearers.  Which I'll probably go ahead and do, but it wasn't an oversight and has been true for like 3 years :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk