Author Topic: To customer Christopher M. who emailed me about a nonfunctioning expansion key.  (Read 1696 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Hi Christopher M.,

Hopefully you happen to read this forum soon, or else you'll probably wind up pretty pissed at me for ignoring you.  I tried responding to your email inquiry twice, but your mail server gives the error:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <redacted>: Relay access denied (state 14).

Looks like your email host's MX record is set up wrong, or a mail server is malfunctioning.  Unfortunately, that leaves me no way to contact you at the moment, so I'm hoping you stop by the forum here.

The tech support request was that you purchased a license key for the expansion from us for $20, and tried to register its key in the game, but the game told you it was an invalid key.  Looking at your sales receipt that you forwarded, looks like you purchased a copy of the base game, rather than the expansion (which is only $10, incidentally).  So a simple misunderstanding there, and that's why your key is not valid.

I'm not sure if you already have the base game or not, so I'm hesitant to just refund your order without first hearing from you.  But if you already have the base game and simply clicked the wrong buy link, I'll be happy to refund the second copy of the base game so that you can then get the expansion that you actually meant to get.  However, if you have the base game already, I'm guessing that you bought it from a different vendor (entirely possible), since I don't see your name or email in our list of orders from us directly except but the one time.

Hope you find this!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk