Author Topic: support to utf-16?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline byljcron

support to utf-16?
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:25:42 am »
UTF8 is awesome,, but can we add language support for utf-16?0 0
I saw someone translate AI War to French, and I want to try to translate it to Chinese, but the game looks like it do not support utf-16 so I cant do it...orz

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: support to utf-16?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:07:05 am »
Hi there,

Unfortunately due to the nature of the fonts we can't support very many languages in this particular game right now, it's just limited to utf-8 and a fairly standard character set.  Our later games use a different font rendering engine and I believe are able to support Chinese if someone extended the spritefont character set properly for it, but we've not had anyone try.  AI War and Tidalis use an older version of our GUI system, though, and the way that the fonts are baked in makes it so that they are a lot less flexible than the later ones.

Sorry about that!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline byljcron

Re: support to utf-16?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57:18 am »
Hi there,

Unfortunately due to the nature of the fonts we can't support very many languages in this particular game right now, it's just limited to utf-8 and a fairly standard character set.  Our later games use a different font rendering engine and I believe are able to support Chinese if someone extended the spritefont character set properly for it, but we've not had anyone try.  AI War and Tidalis use an older version of our GUI system, though, and the way that the fonts are baked in makes it so that they are a lot less flexible than the later ones.

Sorry about that!
sound no so bad lol
at least  I get some hope lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk