Author Topic: Stream version on Mac freezes at GameInit 10  (Read 2276 times)

Offline mkulas0316

Stream version on Mac freezes at GameInit 10
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:11:30 pm »
Purchased AI War on Stream for Mac.  Got the game up and running without any issues on the first day, but when I came back later the game just seems to freeze while loading, I just get a black screen with GameInit 10 and the current date and time and it just sits there.  When I look through Stream it says that all the content was downloaded and verified and that I have all the current Stream system updates for the game.  I'm admittedly not the most tech savvy guy, so any help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Using Mac OS X version 10.6.8, Processor is 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, and have 2 GB memory

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Stream version on Mac freezes at GameInit 10
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:10 pm »
Hey there, sorry to hear about your trouble.  In the local game folder for the game (you can get to that from Properties in the steam window), you might try going into the RuntimeData subfolder and renaming or deleting your settings.dat file and settings.bak file.  That will make you enter your profile name again and so forth, but it will let you on.

Alternatively, if you open up settings.dat in a text editor of your choice, you can find the line where it says something like AutomaticallyCheckForUpdates:1 or something along those lines.  Change the 1 to a 0, and that might solve the problem.

Lastly, if you set the game to predownload all of the images (it's a setting in the settings menu, then that's probably the issue on a 2GB ram machine.  It's probably trying to preload way too much and then flipping out the OS a bit.  I'd only use that setting on a machine with probably 4GB of ram.  Not using that setting won't hinder your gameplay at all.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline GarathJJ

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:02:05 am »
I'm seeing this problem as well (since Sunday, though I hadn't started the game in a least a few weeks previously) - though for me it has been variously GameInit 4, 5 or 10, most recently 5. In hopes of shedding more light on it, I'm attaching here my ArcenDebugLog.txt, which does appear to have an entry for an unhandled exception each time i try to start up. Please let me know if there are any other files you would like to see copies of or any other information I could provide.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:18 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk