Author Topic: Strange issue with popup text?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Andon

Strange issue with popup text?
« on: October 27, 2010, 02:27:08 pm »
Whenever I hover mouse over an object, the object name isn't there.   I see stats and everything else, but I cannot see WHAT it is I'm mousing over.

I can use the right unit select menu and items names show in grey there.

I have Steam version, upgraded to 4.00, but this has been an issue since Unity upgrade I believe...

Any ideas?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Strange issue with popup text?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »
Welcome to the forums :)

Could you post a screenshot so I know exactly what you mean?  I've been seeing the names of stuff just fine in my testing.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Andon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »
I'm usually pretty good with this stuff...but I cannot find where f12 saves the screenshots in Steam A.I. War

To see if I can better describe my problem.  When I hover the mouse over a unit, I get a floating tooltip of all stats about that unit.
However, does the first line of that tooltip contain the NAME of the unit?  Maybe I'm just seeing something I WANT to see there.

If I hover mouse over the units in the List on the right side screen I can see the name on 1st line of tooltips.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »
When I look a the first line I see something like "MLRS - Keith", telling me the name of the unit's type, and my name.  Are you perhaps using a grayish color?

The screenshots would be saved in a directory right next to the "Save" directory where your savegames go.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Andon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »

Offline Andon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:59:04 pm »
A complete uninstall, delete directory, and reinstall fixed the problem.  I have not done that for quite a long time...probably something left over from a previous beta.

Game on!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:46 pm »
That's one of those where I have no idea how a reinstall could possibly have made a difference unless it was a different version, but I won't complain that it's working now :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk