Author Topic: Steam and AI War achievements not syncing?  (Read 6421 times)

Offline TheHive

• Newbie Mark II
Steam and AI War achievements not syncing?
« on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:14 pm »
I beat my second 7/7 game. When I won, the dialogue (where the AI says stuff like "insignificant" and it tells you that AI progress increased because you blew something up) told me I unlocked 13 achievements (Fort Buster x2, Train Wreck x2, Win on a 40-planet map, Should have stuck with the emergent stuff,  The best ice-cream x2, I get by with a little help from my friends, Derailed, In Memoriam Terra, Backstage Pass, and Bounced Out). However, Steam didn't give me any of these achievements. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm attaching the save from after I won to show I beat AIs without cheats, and should have those achievements. I kind of suspect this is an issue with Steam or something, rather than AI war, although the help feature of steam linked me here, so I made this.

I haven't tried to reproduce the error because my last save was before the second home world assault, and, having already won it, don't want to spend another couple of hours redoing what I did (especially if it won't get me the achievements).

Offline TheHive

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Steam and AI War achievements not syncing?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:30 am »
When I next launched AI War, I got all the achievements on Steam. Not sure why I didn't originally, but it all seems good now.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:35:59 am »
Something like that happened to me with TLF: no achievements on steam, then yes. It must have something to do with steam sync being a bit shaky. Solution seems to be restarting either the game or Steam.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline @B0FH

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 02:54:14 am »
The sync between the game and the Steam backend (for achievements) tried to happen upon trigger, but also at each and every time the game is loaded (through Steam).  Very useful for when mishaps occur  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk