Author Topic: Question about Exo content  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Question about Exo content
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:40:17 am »
I was under the impression that if I had say golems turned off then I wouldn't see golems anywhere.

So I'm just goofing around and all I have is Spire (Hard) enabled. Comes around time for the first Exo to come into my system and there are a handful of golems  :o   So is there a way to disable golems outside of turning off an expansion?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: Question about Exo content
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:18 am »
I don't believe so.  You'd have to have Zenith's expansion turned off.  But Exos is the only place the AI would get Golems (besides the Golemite AI).  Oh, that and breaking Carriers open early.  Although if enough stuff is in a Carrier to make a Golem spawn, you are probably screwed.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:20 am »
I was under the impression that if I had say golems turned off then I wouldn't see golems anywhere.
Yea, for some reason some people think that :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:52:59 am »
Nah. I break everything AI on a beach-head planet.

So really there are no differences unless the ZR expo is disabled  :(

Yea, for some reason some people think that :)
Pretty much all I wanted in this game was a distinct lack of golems in my Exo.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:59 am »
So I'm just goofing around and all I have is Spire (Hard) enabled. Comes around time for the first Exo to come into my system and there are a handful of golems  :o   So is there a way to disable golems outside of turning off an expansion?

One would think that spirecraft exo waves send spirecraft, but that's not true.  All exogalactic waves spawn "large ships" chosen from both the Spirecraft and Golem list.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
Never really tried to just have the one Exo and want it to be specific.

I'm used to just flipping both golems and spire on just for the double Exo. Didn't care what was in the wave.. just wanted to feed my need to watch AI ships vanish.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:58 am »
Well, Golem exo waves have a higher chance of choosing a "centralized loadout", meaning you are more likely to see Golems in Golem exo waves than you are Spirecraft exo waves. However, that is just a higher chance, both are free to choose or not to choose golems for their waves. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk