Author Topic: Steam won't download expansions  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Culric

Steam won't download expansions
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
Hi. I just bought AI War 2014 edition for Steam on GamersGate.

I entered my key and it downloaded the main game. I also entered all the keys for the expansions, but it didn't download them.

I tried to re-enter the keys for the expansions, but it just says I already entered keys and just need to hit the next button to download and install them. But there is no next button, just a finish button, which does nothing (closes the window).

Any ideas, please?

Offline Culric

Re: Steam won't download expansions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:19:12 pm »
Just to clarify, the window actually says that my Steam account already owns the product associated with the key. Then says "click next to proceed to installation, but there is no next button.

I already had the demo version with all expansions on my computer, but the keys don't seem to work for that version. But it's hard to tell if the "l" character is a numeral or a small L or a capital I. I think I tried all the combinations. Do these codes work for the non steam version?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:44:15 pm by Culric »

Offline Culric

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:50:22 pm »
Okay, sorry for the many posts. But I finally discovered the way to enable updates to the game in Steam (just signed up today). After an update everything is working and enabled.

Just out of curiosity, though, will the codes work for my non-steam installation?

Thanks.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:03 pm »
Glad to hear you figured it out :)

Most of the codes would probably work for a non-steam install, though the last couple expansions don't have keys (outside steam) at all.

Thankfully, you can run your steam install without steam running (just run the executable from the folder itself).  That means you can copy it wherever and it will keep working even if the computer doesn't have steam.

Alternatively you can do a fresh non-steam install of the base game and then copy the "Expansions" folder from your steam AIW install's "RuntimeData" directory to the same location in your non-steam install and they should all work fine.

Have fun being exterminated! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Culric

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »

Thankfully, you can run your steam install without steam running (just run the executable from the folder itself).  That means you can copy it wherever and it will keep working even if the computer doesn't have steam.

This worked great. Thanks for the quick response.

You guys definitely have a new fan of AI War, and also of your excellent support and long term commitment to the game. Nice work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk