Author Topic: Achievements unlocked don't unlock in steam for me  (Read 15178 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Achievements unlocked don't unlock in steam for me
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:25 am »
140 Achievements (IV) to Your Homeworld in 0:07.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nynja

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:27 am »
Just report that problem is still present. As I wrote in another thread ( http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,11993.0.html ) - steam achievement dont unlocks for me too. Works only in-game. My friend buying this game more later - playing without this problems.
(sorry for poor English)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 06:54:47 am »
Please make sure you're not in offline mode in steam. And you may want to verify your local file cache. Beyond that, are you getting the steam overlay in game? Be sure to launch the game from within steam. You should see ai war noting you are logged in as your steam username in the upper left when you're successfully connected.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nynja

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 12:32:02 pm »
Please make sure you're not in offline mode in steam. And you may want to verify your local file cache. Beyond that, are you getting the steam overlay in game? Be sure to launch the game from within steam. You should see ai war noting you are logged in as your steam username in the upper left when you're successfully connected.

Hope that helps!

Steam online.
"Verify integrity of game cache" says all fine.
Overlay by Shift+Tab present.
Game launched by steams "Play" button.
Upper left of screen: "Game Version 6.009" only. So - for some reason I unlogged.

Another strange steam behavior: I try delete game and reinstall it from steam. After reinstall - game cant launched by missing exec. I watched to it folder - and there are only 4 expansions folders present, without main game. So steam dont want install main game files and dont want see them. Because "verify integrity" not found any errors. I download installer from this site and install it to the same steam folder - game is works now. But achievements dont works before delete and after reinstall same.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »
It's missing the steam hooks if you installed it the other way; that's very strange. I'm not sure why steam would be doing that all of a sudden for a few people. Are you on OSX or windows?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nynja

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »
Win XP.

Some day in October I buy bundle with 3 dlc and install them at once. Playing tutorials from time to time(applying updates with autoupdater when they appeared). But after finishing training campaign understand that this game I enjoyed and decided buy last dlc and recommend this game to friend for coop. And just begin first real campaign. Achivements begin unlocks, but ingame only. His achievements unlocks fine. I try delete game. And thats all. This is actions that I did with this game.

Stean install fulll game only with first install after buing. And now it can reinstall only dlc conten without game.

Anyway I enjoyed this game, achivements not so big deal - they just additional motivation.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 01:22:39 pm »
Very odd.

The only thing that I can really do at this point is help you manually fix the issue; I don't know why it's acting so strange.  If you take the attached dll file and put it into your game folder (by default that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ai war fleet command) then that should solve the issue.  You'll know that you're at least hooked into steam properly if you launch the game from steam and see your steam login name in the upper left.

Hope that helps!

Offline nynja

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »
Thanks.
It works!

Achivements floated immidiately after game launch. Steam state updated too.
And I see self logged at upper left.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »
Sweeeet!

Glad I could help. :)

Offline Terrible Terrible Damage

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 07:25:20 pm »
I'd just like to comment that I've had the exact same issue, but that downloading the .dll that was uploaded in this thread, achievements are now working again.

10/10 game, been coming back to it year after year.

Will link this thread to a few others who've been having the same issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk