Author Topic: Achievements unlocked don't unlock in steam for me  (Read 15177 times)

Offline Mytharox

• Newbie Mark II
Achievements unlocked don't unlock in steam for me
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:58:43 am »
With the latest version (6.000) + ancient shadows installed.

The achievements I unlock don't trigger anymore on steam. I made sure I had a good connection, that the steam overlay was working and all. But still any achievement I get unlocks fine ingame, but doesn't unlock in steam anymore.  Just to be sure I also did a simple mission against a sandbox AI and got the achievement for that as well, but again it only triggered ingame and not in steam.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Achievements unlocked don't unlock in steam for me
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
Odd, I don't know why that would be.

Can anyone else confirm this is happening (or, rather, also-not-happening) to them?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »
Can anyone else confirm this is happening (or, rather, also-not-happening) to them?

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,11831.msg0.html

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,11831.msg0.html
Draco18s, that's a link to a repost of a steamforums post from the same person as started this thread :)

Quick, we've got to stop the recursion or everything will collapse into a singularity!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »
If it helps at all, I think Steamworks integration isn't working at all. It used to say something like "Steamworks enabled" under the version number if I launch it through Steam, but now it doesn't.

EDIT: The pop-up UI thingy that lets you chat and other things still works if I hit the shortcut key, but IIRC, that can work even for games that aren't using Steamworks (like I got it to work for Starcraft II).

Offline Mytharox

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 01:36:20 pm »
Thanks for the responses so far. I tried clearing my steam cache and even reinstalled steam, but so far the things I tried didn't trigger the achievements I gained. I wouldn't know what else to try at the moment.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 01:38:56 pm »
As TechSY said above, it could be something with the Steam Integration that isn't working atm. We'll see what the devs can dig up.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »
Yea, I can confirm that my steam-name doesn't show up in the upper-left corner, so steamworks integration would appear to be totally not happening.  Good catch, TechSY730.

I don't really handle anything to do with that part of our code, so I've left Chris an email about this.  Hopefully we'll have a resolution soon, but it might be something complicated with the new steam build process (this was our first release using it) so I can't promise it'll be quick ;)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 01:43:52 pm »
I don't really handle anything to do with that part of our code, so I've left Chris an email about this.  Hopefully we'll have a resolution soon, but it might be something complicated with the new steam build process (this was our first release using it) so I can't promise it'll be quick ;)
At least it's in the cooker!

Offline Mytharox

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »
I checked on astats.nl (it records all steam achievements of many games.) but this game (ai-war) didn't unlock any achievement for all members there since 30 august. So nobody there (600+ aiwar players) got an achievement from ai-war unlocked since. (Perhaps nobody there played the game, but I think that is very unlikely, it does seem very odd, perhaps some update around that date broke something?)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:48:06 pm by Mytharox »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 01:46:46 pm »
I checked on astats.nl (it records all steam achievements of many games.) but this game (ai-war) didn't unlock any achievement for all members there since 30 august. So nobody there got an achievement from ai-war unlocked since. (Perhaps nobody there played the  game.. but it does seem very odd.)
I know I was playing during this period. Not sure I unlocked any achivements though...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »
Thanks for the notes folks -- this may have something to do with the new style of Steam updating, not sure.  However, what is strange is that I am seeing the normal Steam integration when I launch the game.  You might want to verify your local files cache; not sure if it will cause a problem if previously you had not had the game upgraded to the "new style" of steam data.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mytharox

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »
Thanks for the notes folks -- this may have something to do with the new style of Steam updating, not sure.  However, what is strange is that I am seeing the normal Steam integration when I launch the game.  You might want to verify your local files cache; not sure if it will cause a problem if previously you had not had the game upgraded to the "new style" of steam data.

Hi Chris,

Checking the files cache was one of the first things I tried. I even cleared the entire steam folder and tried it again, but no luck unfortunately. But I think nobody at all got any achievement unlocked in steam since 30 august, so I was guessing some update somewhere around that date might have cause the bug to appear. On a side note, thanks for all the work you all have put in this game, I have over 200 hours in it over the years and still love it :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »
Cheers, glad you're enjoying it so well!  August 30th was when they switched over the game into the newer version of their Steam backend, so for the steam backend that would make sense.  I will have to coordinate with Valve on Monday and see if I can't figure out what is going on.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56:56 am »
Okay -- I think I found out what was wrong.  When Valve moved things to the new style of their back-end, it looks like one file may have gotten missed. (?) Not sure on that.  In my case, when I did the build of 6.0 independently of what they had done, my build was definitely missing a file.  It's a file that only is used in the Steam version, specifically for achievements integration and so on, hence why I missed it in all the craziness.

Anyhow, you should see an in-Steam update now that should fix it and then all should be well.  Let me know how it works for you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk