Author Topic: Spire Scout Ships Alerting Planets,  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Caseycc

• Newbie Mark II
Spire Scout Ships Alerting Planets,
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:40 am »
Seems like all the planets I have spire scout ships on are on alert according to the map, as are the planets around them. Replaced them with a few regular scouts and they go off alert. Have the latest beta but been a while since I used spire scout ships. Maybe that's even suppose to happen?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Spire Scout Ships Alerting Planets,
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:24:38 am »
Hmm, I can't remember whether they were supposed to or not. I haven't played with Spirecraft that much, tbh. Regular scouts are, as you observe, naturally not supposed to alert. But I think I'm going to have to leave this to someone who is more familiar with spirecraft.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:35:17 am »
Spirecraft Scouts have always put planets on alert.  It can be useful for putting a random planet in a corner of the galaxy you aren't every going near on alert, thereby sucking up reinforcements.

Offline Caseycc

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:33 am »
That seems odd, considering the wiki says they are suppose to be a good replacement for regular scouts thus freeing them up. Not that useful if any planet you want it to keep an eye on is then constantly alerted as well as all surrounding planets haha. Thanks for the reply though, another spire ship I shall throw to some forgotten corner of a planet to mostly ignore sadly.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:54:00 am »
Ignore that "good replacement for scouts".  That is completely wrong and the opposite of how they should be used.  Use them to scout deep into AI space so you can find out where everything is.

Offline Caseycc

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:34 am »
Well, you won't get far with the lower tier ones. Often a group of regular scouts suicided as far as they can go gets much farther than the tier 3s even.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 11:35:08 am »
True.  What I'm hoping for is on Spire Scouts is this:
Another thought that would be pretty cool: what if we added a Spirecraft Scout Shard that is like a Spirecraft Scout but can't travel through worm holes.  You can't make SC Scout Shards yourself, but a Spirecraft Scout drops when in each AI system it enters.  This lets you set up scouts in whatever path the Scout follows.  For an expendable resource, that actually seems interesting and fair, and the releasing of a Scout Shard could be a fluff justification for the health lose at eat hop.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk