Author Topic: GamersGate gone steam key only  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Warnstaff

• Newbie Mark III
GamersGate gone steam key only
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »
I'm one of those that has purchased AI war from a few different places, such as (former) Impulse, GamersGate, and I'm pretty sure from Arcen directly. Steam tells me that my keys for the base game are already in use (I haven't tried the others, was also a long time between getting them and trying steam), so steam keys are literally useless to me for AI War. Before I was able to use license keys for any demo version, but since... Ancient Shadows? I have had to download the expansions as they didn't seem to use keys.

Now here is the problem: GamersGate, from who I have purchased now 3 expansions from (AS, VotM and now DoW) I was always able to download the expansion. but NOW they are replaced the previously accessible downloads with steam keys. Fortunately I still have the AS and VotM downloads from their last install, but I cannot get Destroyer of Worlds downloaded because steam keys. Is there any way to resolve this here OR do I need to contact GamersGate (from their removal of previously available downloads, I don't think that will work well)?

Screenshot attachment is from my GamersGate account showing the problem.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: GamersGate gone steam key only
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:14:31 pm »
Hey there, sorry about the issue.  I'll shoot you a PM that should fix you up.  The removal of the downloads was because we switched installer styles and kept doing lots of updates, etc.  But the downloads are freely available to anyone who contacts us with some form of proof of purchase.  I'll PM you in just a sec, but in general if anyone else reads this in the future, you can email us at arcengames at gmail dot com, and we'll take care of you.

Thanks for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Warnstaff

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:18:46 pm »
Thank you very much! Downloading now :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »
My pleasure!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk