Author Topic: Where did my CD-Keys disappear? (Steam)  (Read 2405 times)

Offline TLOF

Where did my CD-Keys disappear? (Steam)
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:43:59 am »
I started Steam today, wanted to activate Demo downloaded from your website with my CD-Keys, but they're gone!

I know they were there, because when I bought the game on Steam with (that year...) latest expansions, I know I have to manually enter CD-Keys to activate expansions and base game after first starting the game...

I don't want to use Steam when I don't have to, I'm really sick of all these DRM stuff and not supporting Steam anymore... But with this issue, I cannot play it off Steam anymore...

Is there some way to retrieve the CD-Keys for Steam version or I must stick with it to the end of the ages now, because of my past mistake? :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:50:02 am by TLOF »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Where did my CD-Keys disappeare? (Steam)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:02 am »
Hi there,

We no longer use CD keys except for legacy purposes.  If you no longer wish to use Steam, though, that's very very simple: simply take the files from the "ai war fleet command" folder in your Steam apps folder, and move them wherever.  You won't ever need a CD key with them, or to use steam, or anything like that.  You can easily use the in-game updater.

On our own website, we sell the same version with no CD keys now, too.  So literally the demo with the CD keys is only for two purposes: people who have CD keys from somewhere in the past but not the new keyless versions; and for demo purposes.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TLOF

Re: Where did my CD-Keys disappear? (Steam)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:41 am »
Oh, ok then...
Sounds good to me, thank you :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Where did my CD-Keys disappear? (Steam)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:51:56 am »
My pleasure!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk