Author Topic: Getting a Normal Key  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Ded1

Getting a Normal Key
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:01:55 pm »
I have the steam version (my friend just got it for me) and i was wondering if i could somehow get the version from you directly so i don't need steam to play.  I know you offer steam keys for people who own the game from you directly but i was hoping it could also work the other way.

Offline Fleet Unity

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Getting a Normal Key
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:10 pm »
I have the steam version (my friend just got it for me) and i was wondering if i could somehow get the version from you directly so i don't need steam to play.  I know you offer steam keys for people who own the game from you directly but i was hoping it could also work the other way.

You can run your version without STEAM just go to your AI War Folder located in if you are using windows Vista or 7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ai war fleet command. It will then run the game with out STEAM for some reason it says STEAM works enabled but its not.

Edit: Just click on the AI War Icon and it should run.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:34:09 pm by Fleet Unity »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:28:08 am »
Yep!  You can copy the contents of the steamworks folder onto a thumb drive if you want and that will be that.  If you don't want it to connect to steam at all, just delete anything with the word steam in it in the base directory of the game, and it won't try to hook in at all.

The CD keys are something we are moving away from except for legacy purposes, so the version you have on Steam is literally the same CD-key-less version that we're moving to with our store coming up soon.

Thanks for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ArnaudB

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:15:27 am »
Which remind me.. in case someone else is confused, the steam key activate the expansion for your account, thus allowing you to download it.
(For people who bought it outside steam)

To activate the expansion: open steam, select the "game" menu at the very top (should be above "shop"), then use "activate a product on steam". Press next in the window that appear, accept the conditions, then enter your CD-key, you should be golden after that.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:58 am »
Which remind me.. in case someone else is confused, the steam key activate the expansion for your account, thus allowing you to download it.
(For people who bought it outside steam)

To activate the expansion: open steam, select the "game" menu at the very top (should be above "shop"), then use "activate a product on steam". Press next in the window that appear, accept the conditions, then enter your CD-key, you should be golden after that.

This is true for everything except for the key for Ancient Shadows.  For that one, you have to email us for a steam key.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk