Author Topic: Are Spider turrets and Sniper Turrets truly identical?  (Read 5577 times)

Offline laxrulz777

Re: Are Spider turrets and Sniper Turrets truly identical?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 10:34:53 am »
This still doesn't answer my original question though. Are they identical? The times on the tooltips seem to indicate that the spiders actually do more damage.

Offline Alex2290

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:46:31 am »
This still doesn't answer my original question though. Are they identical? The times on the tooltips seem to indicate that the spiders actually do more damage.
http://arcengames.com/communitywiki/index.php?title=Turret_Relative_Strength_Charts

Almost all numbers for spider and sniper turrets are identical.

Offline Velox

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 11:00:16 am »
The text and stats indicate that these are identical but the numbers show some differences in effectiveness. Spider turrets are better at Fighters/Bombers than Sniper turrets. Is this just a typo or is there a difference in power that isn't making it into the hover text.

I assume that by "numbers" you mean the "strong vs." statistics, right?  If so, it would be due to the differences in the results of the simulations run to determine those stats, due to the engine damage component (fighters/bombers with damaged engines took longer to get into range to plaster the turrets.)

Offline laxrulz777

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:05 pm »
The text and stats indicate that these are identical but the numbers show some differences in effectiveness. Spider turrets are better at Fighters/Bombers than Sniper turrets. Is this just a typo or is there a difference in power that isn't making it into the hover text.

I assume that by "numbers" you mean the "strong vs." statistics, right?  If so, it would be due to the differences in the results of the simulations run to determine those stats, due to the engine damage component (fighters/bombers with damaged engines took longer to get into range to plaster the turrets.)

My understanding from Rev and X is that the simulations assume 0 range anyways. So that doesn't seem likely.

As for the link to the chart, I'm almost certain those aren't the numbers appearing in game but I'll double check with specific examples tonight.

Offline Velox

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 02:18:00 pm »

My understanding from Rev and X is that the simulations assume 0 range anyways. So that doesn't seem likely.

Oh, indeed?  I don't have any answer to that one then!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk