Author Topic: Various things  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Minotaar

Re: Various things
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2012, 07:27:13 am »
I would rather create an AI choice that says "beginner AI - no gravity drill" really. I dont see how anyone could have fun with gravity drill AI. It will basicly make you snooze while playing.

You can turn off the grav drill AI, and any other AI type for that matter. In the AI War install directory, under RuntimeData, there is a DisabledAITypeList.txt or something like that in there.
In that file, any AI types you give it will not show up nor be selected by any random AI chooser. (note, the AI type has to be the internal name of the AI type, though in most cases, the internal type is the same as the displayed type with the spaces removed)
It should have plenty of examples already in there, including a commented out entry for the grav driller. Just uncomment that entry, and any others you never want to see. ;)

(The entries for AIs introduced in expansions are probably not in there. If you want to disable those, take your best guess using the method described above, or just ask for the entry to put in)

I dont see how that works.

Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Entrenched_Homeworlder
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Vicious_Raider
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Fortress_Baron
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Sledge_Hammer
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Assassin
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Bully
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Turtle
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable Technologist_Homeworlder
Remove-This-Comment-ToDisable gravity drill blabla

i deleted the last line, still i got a gravity drill ai.
Or do you just delete the "remove this commentto" part ?
If so, can someone tell me how the drill AI was called, because i deleted the whole line.
thanks.

Yes, just delete that part. It's called GravDriller

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:06 am »
Delete everything on that line up to, but not including the AI's name.  So just leave GravDiller on the line by itself.  Make sure there isn't a space in front of GravDriller.

Offline Ragnarok

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2012, 01:59:43 pm »
Is there a way to set a system as "dangerous" on the galaxy map, so my ships use another way to get into a system i command them to warp to ?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2012, 02:03:42 pm »
Is there a way to set a system as "dangerous" on the galaxy map, so my ships use another way to get into a system i command them to warp to ?

Sadly, no. But that would make a wonderful feature request. I'd vote it up. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk