Author Topic: Command Station Placement  (Read 2116 times)

Offline SenorPez

• Newbie Mark III
Command Station Placement
« on: March 07, 2015, 03:35:28 pm »
For experienced players... do you always put your Command Stations at the edge of the gravity well to force wave ships to come through a cloud of turrets? Or something else?

I'm struggling to understand the pros and cons!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: Command Station Placement
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:57:27 pm »
Generally I put a command station near something important to shield. But not every planet has something worth putting the station next to.

Offline Mal

• Murder Time! Fun Time!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 05:12:21 am »
I almost always put my command stations on top of womrholes leading to my friendly systems, preventing hit and runs between systems for the most part. Otherwise, if i deep strike, i put the stations at the far edge of the map or protecting something as Aklyon said.

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »
My decision tree:

• Is this system an important choke point? If so, put the CS on top of the wormhole to be guarded.
  • Is there something important to protect here? If so, put the CS on top of that.
  • Is this an attrition system (i.e., a place ExoWaves are expected to plow through on their way to a choke)? If so, put the command station behind the wormhole, probably with tachyon coverage on the wormhole, but definitely with the ability to shoot things off the wormhole.
  • Otherwise, put the CS somewhere out-of-the-way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk