Author Topic: Score?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline WildM

Score?
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:55:42 pm »
Just as a vanity thing, my roommates and I have been comparing our scores in a game. Unfortunately, I seem to be trailing. What exactly goes into the score calculation? Planets taken? Ships captured? Planets scouted? Whatever it is, I need to be doing more of it if I want to feel superior.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Score?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:48 pm »
Well, there are two types of score: raw (what you see in the game), and then weighted (what you see in the high scoreboards list, and on Steam, etc, as the primary score).  Most likely at some point I may switch it to showing the weighted in the game itself, because that's a more interesting metric.  The weighted score is based around a ton of complex factors including the raw score, the amount of time you play (winning faster is better), your kill to loss ratio, if you used cheats or handicaps, etc, etc.

The raw score, what you see in game, is much simpler.  It's based on two factors only: ships built and ships killed.  Different ships are worth different amount of points, so you get more ships for building or killing a starship, for instance.  So, general advice for a better score: fight more! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk