Author Topic: Raid engine triggered when there is... No Raid Engine around?  (Read 5612 times)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Raid engine triggered when there is... No Raid Engine around?
« on: December 28, 2015, 09:18:31 am »
Continuing the game where I manually added Zenith Mirror and found it useless, I drove my happy MkI starship fleet around to see how powerful they can be (with some edited stuff to test out). THEN, suddenly there is an announcement:

28 AI I Enemy Ships [II] - OS Raid Eng to Loha in <less than one minute>

Loha is the planet I am attacking.

Not scary, but I am very sure there is no RE's around. The Zenith Trader is around, I am not sure if anything is bought from him. I know AI bought Ion Cannons when I was attacking from the Zenith Traitor, but can they really buy Raid Engines? I searched and nothing shows up.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Raid engine triggered when there is... No Raid Engine around?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:29:09 pm »
OS Raid Eng is "One Shot Raid Engine"; it'd probably be better to not abbreviate One Shot in this case.

Anwyay, it bought that from the Zenith Traitor, and when it went off it was destroyed (hence one shot, and hence you couldn't see it after).

Share and enjoy ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Raid engine triggered when there is... No Raid Engine around?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:47:36 am »
OS Raid Eng is "One Shot Raid Engine"; it'd probably be better to not abbreviate One Shot in this case.

Anwyay, it bought that from the Zenith Traitor, and when it went off it was destroyed (hence one shot, and hence you couldn't see it after).

Share and enjoy ;)

Oh well, thankfully it never bought Black Hole Machines or Orbital Mass Drivers when I was attacking... It buys Ion Cannons almost every time when I was neutering + the Traitor was visiting. Also thankfully I usually attack with starships (which can easily beat down early game Special Force with no loss, good)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk