Author Topic: Please Help: Order for Sniper Units ONLY to attack Sturcutes ???  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Shadoz

• Newbie Mark III
Please Help: Order for Sniper Units ONLY to attack Sturcutes ???
« on: November 07, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »
hi guys ...

i need some advice for my sniper units ...

is there a option or possibility to give my units WITH infinity range ( sniper ) the order only to attack structures ?
i have a fleet with some spire corvettes equipped with "rail cannons". If i invade a planet i can attack for example a "special force guard post" or "super computers" and the snipers do ther job fine ... if i aim other guard post they dont attack them ... why ?

i want to move my fleet including the spire corvettes in formation around and give the corvettes with sniper the order only to attack structures like the guard posts ...
is there any way to handle this ???
they only attack automatically enemy ships beside my fleet ... or ships at the planet anywhere ...
can i give them the order to attack only a guard post target while they move with my fleet in formation at high distance ???

thx for helping

Offline Timerlane

Re: Please Help: Order for Sniper Units ONLY to attack Sturcutes ???
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:25:31 pm »
The 'problem' here is a mechanic called Radar Dampening. Most, but not all, Guard Posts have a Radar Dampening range, which means all hostile ships(except those with Radar Dampening Immunity, which are fairly rare), must close to at least the listed range in order to fire upon it. This range is almost always shorter than the range of the unit's weapons, so there's usually no way to shoot Guard Posts down with impunity. Even though the range listed is 'infinite', Radar Dampening on the target overrides that.

Sniper Turret structures do have Radar Dampening Immunity, and one can use a Beachhead strategy to use them offensively, but that's the only generally-available RD-Immune unit.

Drone spawner ships like Neinzul Enclave Starships or Spire Blade Spawners also technically get around this by essentially generating and releasing short-lived 'disposable ships' whenever hostile units are around. The released drones themselves are still affected by Radar Dampening, but the 'parent' ship does not have to close to within the unit's Radar Dampening range.

Offline Shadoz

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Please Help: Order for Sniper Units ONLY to attack Sturcutes ???
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:16:12 pm »
thx for answering ...

i lost in mind to keep attention on radar damping ... its for thruth the think of course ... was loosing this in mind lol :-)

thx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk